Chandratal and Spiti Jeep Safari
A short and crisp itinerary tour which takes you across the cold desert mountain valley of Spiti and also to the enchanting Chandrataal lake.
- Fixed Departures: Guaranteed departure for even single person on the available dates.
- All inclusive price: All the charges of permits, transportation, accommodation and other necessary costs are included in the price.
- Luggage & Washroom Facility: Facility to change, freshen-up and keep your extra luggage at basecamp.
Chandra Taal or Chandertal Lake is nestled next to Kunzom Pass between the majestic Himalayan valleys of Lahaul and Spiti and is a high altitude freshwater lake that offers perfect views of the grand mountains around. Chandertal Lake is situated at the height of 4300 meters. The name of the lake means 'Lake of the Moon'. Trek to Chandertal can be undertaken in the summer months and be amazed at the natural beauty.
Day 1: Arrive in Manali
- Arrive at Manali on your own which is easily accessible from Chandigarh and Delhi by road. Your hosts will arrange your stay in a guest house in Old Manali.
- Spend the day at leisure. You can choose to visit the local sightseeing spots in Manali like Hadimba Temple, Vashisht, Mall Road or hang out in a cafe in Old Manali.
- You will be staying overnight in Manali.
Day 2: Road trip from Manali to Chandratal via Rohtang Pass
- On the second day, you will start your day early and be driven from Manali to Chandratal crossing Rohtang Pass.
- The journey will be one of the most scenic ones in Himachal Pradesh, with the mesmerising views of snow-capped peaks all around.
- Road journey to from Manali to Batal is about 115 km and may take up to 7 hours in peak season. It will a 1.5-hour long hike to reach the Chandratal lake.
- You should also make sure that you drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and acclimatize to the high altitude to avoid Acute Mountain Sickness, commonly known as AMS.
- After crossing Chhatru, you will stop at Batal to have lunch at Chandra Dhaba which is run by the famous couple, fondly called Chacha Chachi, who was recognized by the Government of India for saving lives of 110 people in 2010 during the Uttarakhand floods.
- You will reach the campsite early in the evening which is about 11 km from Batal, and stay overnight at Chandratal camps.
Day 3: Return journey from Chandratal Parikrama to Manali
- Start your day early and spend the morning by the lake and witness the shades of mystical Chandratal. You may take a walk around Chandratal which will be of about 4 km and capture those magical moments when the lake acts as a mirror to the mountains.
- Start in time to reach Manali in time to catch the bus if your return journey is on the same day.
- The trip ends once back to Manali. You can take a bus back to Delhi or any other destination on the same day.
- Vegetarian meals - 2 breakfast and 2 dinners.
- Accommodation in a guesthouse in Manali (triple sharing basis and twin sharing for couples only).
- Accommodation in camps at Chandratal (triple sharing basis and twin sharing for couples only).
- Transfers as per the itinerary in a shared vehicle for Manali to Chandratal and back to Manali.
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the base camp.
- Any permits required for the tour.
- First Aid.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6490 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.