A Walking Tour of the History of Tipu Sultan in Bangalore
Tipu Sultan, famously known as the Tiger of Mysuru, is one of the very few Indian kings to defeat the British army in the battle. This 3.5-hour tour is dedicated to taking you around in Bangalore where Tipu Sultan's impressions are still seen.
- Visit Krishnarajapuram Market (K.R. Market) and experience the hustling and bustling side of the 'Garden City'.
- Take a tour of Bangalore Fort, Summer Palace of Tipu Sultan, Tipu Sultan's Armoury and more during this tour.
- All the hassles of entrance fees and standing in long ques are taken care of.
- Service of a well-versed guide to walk your around.
Tipu Sultan is a legend on many counts and was one of the few Indian kings to have defeated the British in battle. This guided walk begins at the flower market in K.R. Market. After breakfast, you will be visiting the Bangalore Fort of Kempe Gowda the founder of Bangalore, Summer Palace of Tipu Sultan, and Kote Venkataramana Temple. The walk ends at the secret armoury kept by Tipu Sultan.
- You are required to reach K.R. Market by 7:00 AM, the walking tour will start from here.
- You will meet the host cum guide for the tour here at the market and the walk begins after a quick introduction.
- K.R. market is one of the busiest and most famous markets in Bangalore. The bustling market is a riot of colours and acts as a nerve centre for small traders and shop owners. You will be visiting the Flower Market.
- After the Flower Market visit, you will be having a nice warm breakfast in a local eatery.
- Next up you will be visiting the Bangalore Fort, built-in 1537 by Kempe Gowda the founder of Bangalore as a mud fort, it was reinforced with stone by Tipu’s father Hyder Ali in 1761.
- Your host/guide will talk about how the fort played a role in the Anglo Mysore wars between Tipu and the British forces led by the legendary Lord Cornwallis.
- Post the fort tour, you will be heading to the Summer Palace of Tipu Sultan, the Summer Palace of Tipu is a fascinating structure with teak pillars and frescoes.
- The palace captures key milestones in Tipu’s life including his early life, economic and social reforms undertaken by him, his victories and eventual defeat as well.
- Your walk now continues to a temple which was built during the 17th century, Kote Venkataraman Temple, this temple follows an architectural style which is a fusion of Dravidian and Vijayanagar elements.
- This temple provided the setting for the treasure hunt in the book Riddle of the Seventh Stone.
- The last leg of the walking tour takes to the secret armoury of Tipu Sultan, a 200-year-old structure. This is where Tipu used to store his weapons for battles with the British.
- Your tour for the day will be ending at around 10:30 AM at Tipu's armoury in Kalasipalam New Exte, City Market.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2250 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.