Moon Peak Trek 2019
4 nights and 5 days high-altitude trek takes you to the Moon Peak (4650 metres) via the famous Indrahar Pass which is also known as the Shepherd's Trail.
- Regarded as a moderate level trek and can be graded as a 6.5/10 trek in terms of difficulty.
- The trek covers an approximate trekking distance of 45 km.
- The best time to take the trek is between April till October.
- One reaches this high-altitude peak after crossing Indrahar Pass.
One of the key highlights of this trek is that it takes you to 4,610 meters in just a few days. Moon Peak and Indrahar Pass lie in the Dhauladhar mountain ranges of Western Himalayas. Lying in Himachal Pradesh, the range divides two districts of Chamba and Kangra (Dharamshala). Another major plus for the trek is that it starts from Mcleodganj. Mcleodganj is one of the most popular hill towns in the country and world-renowned for being the seat of Tibet government in exile. A trekker can club his adventure with a cultural tour of the town and also go shopping and food tasting here. Mcleodganj is a foodie's paradise for sure.
Moon Peak climb is an expedition so the hosts keep their itinerary flexible so as to give their climbers the best chance to reach the summit as per the overall team's strength and capabilities.
- Day 1: Report in Mcleodganj and trek to Triund top (Approximately 9 KM and 5-Hour trek).
- Day 2: Trek from Triund top to Laka Got (Approximately 6 KM and 5-Hour trek).
- Day 3: Trek from Laka Got to Lahesh Cave (Approximately 4 KM and 3-Hour trek).
- Day 4: Trek from Lahesh Cave to Moon Peak Climb and back to Laka Camp (Approximately 10 KM and 9-Hour trek).
- Day 5: Trek from Laka Got to Mcleodganj (Approximately 15 KM and 7-Hour trek).
Day 1: Report in Mcleodganj and trek to Triund top (Approximately 9 KM and 5-Hour trek)
- On the first day, you will have to report in Mcleodganj and meet your hosts there by 9:00 am.
- You may check-in to the base camp and keep your luggage there.
- After a short meet and greet and an introductory session you will undertake the trek for the day to Triund which goes through a mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar trees.
- First 2 kilometres is a steep ascent but there is a gradual ascent after Galu Devi Temple. The last kilometre is again a steep ascent through the forest which is known as 22 modes (zigzag).
- Triund is a flat meadow on top of a ridge. From here the panoramic views of the Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on other is a memorable sight.
- Overnight stay at Triund.
Day 2: Trek from Triund top to Laka Got (Approximately 6 KM and 5-Hour trek)
- On day 2, you will start early in the morning from Triund to Laka Got. You will pass through the Snowline Cafe (1-2 hours from Triund) and Laka Got at another one and half hour.
- You may treat this second day as a rest day. After lunch, you will go for a short hike that means you will gain some height and explore the Dhauladhar range.
- Overnight stay at Laka Got.
Day 3: Trek from Laka Got to Lahesh Cave (Approximately 4 KM and 3-Hour trek)
- On the third day, you start trekking after breakfast in the morning to your base camp.
- It might be one of the easier days. You will cut short the duration by two hours for the next and make Lahesh Caves as your base.
- This can also be used as an additional day in case the weather is not favourable.
Day 4: Trek from Lahesh Cave to Moon Peak Climb and back to Laka Camp (Approximately 10 KM and 9-Hour trek)
- On day 4, you will start early in the morning by crossing the beautiful Indrahar Pass.
- After a decent, you will again ascent and climb the Moon Peak.
- After spending some time up there, you will return to Lahesh Caves base by afternoon and trek back to Laka Got camp.
Day 5: Trek from Laka Got to Mcleodganj (Approximately 15 KM and 7-Hour trek)
- In the morning, start a drive Mcleodganj from Laka to end a memorable journey.
- Accommodation in double and triple sharing basis.
- Meals while on the trek ( 5 Breakfast, 5 Lunch and 5 Dinner).
- Trek equipment like trekking poles.
- All permit charges.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced Trek Leader, guide and support staff and high altitude kitchen staff.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 13000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.