Guide Tour of Lothal, a 4500 Years Old Indus Valley Civilisation Site
Discovered in 1954 in the state of Gujarat, Lothal is one of the southernmost cities of the ancient Indus Valley Civilisation. On this day guided tour, learn why the Indus Valley Civilization is considered a marvel till date.
- Explore Lothal which is 4500-year-old Indus Valley Civilization site.
- Witness the remains of the civilization to understand the ancient people.
- Visit Sarkhej Roza, a famous centre for Sufi culture.
Lothal tour is a visit to explore an important city in the ancient Indus Valley Civilization. Back in 2400 BC, Lothal was a thriving trading centre for beads, gems and ornaments. The people of Lothal and other Indus Valley sites were pioneering astronomers and expert metallurgists as well. They were masters in town planning with elaborate underground drainage systems. In the company of an expert, we will explore this fascinating ancient civilization with its mysterious script which remains undeciphered. Traders of beads, gems and ornaments from as far as West Asia and Africa had an established trade relationship with Lothal. The people of Lothal were experts in bead making and metallurgy tools so much so that their techniques are still in use in India after 4000 years!
- The driver will receive you at the hotel or residence address in Ahmedabad at 08:00 AM.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet you and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- The drive to Lothal is about 75 KM from Ahmedabad and may take up to 2 hours reach the site at Lothal.
- Once at Lothal, your guide will take you through each prominent aspect of this ancient remains, while explaining the history behind it.
- It is said that people of Lothal belonged to an advanced scientific society, they were pioneering astronomers 2000 years before the Greeks.
- Lothal is most famous for its dockyard. The dock was arguably the greatest piece of maritime architecture in the ancient world. As far back as 2500 BC, Lothal dockyard was equipped to berth and service ships.
- One look at Lothal and you can gather that the Indus Valley civilization was highly advanced in terms of town planning.
- The system of underground drainage was pioneered as far back as 2500 BC. The sewers were made watertight through a sophisticated grade of masonry.
- The most exciting part of Lothal tour is the fact that their script is yet to be deciphered! So many more mysteries are waiting to be revealed. Maybe you will discover some clues during your visit to Lothal.
- We will have lunch at a local restaurant and visit Sarkhej Roza, a famous centre for Sufi culture.
- Explore the exquisitely designed Mosque, the tombs of Mahmud Shah Begada and his queen, the palace and pavilions.
- In the end, you will be dropped back to the starting point in Ahmedabad by 4:00 PM approximately.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Ahmedabad city limits.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Lunch during the tour.
- Monument entrance charges are per the itinerary.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7100 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.