Ahmedabad Guided Sightseeing and History Tour
Ahmedabad is awarded as India's first UNESCO World Heritage City. Step into history with a knowledgable guide and tour the Gandhi Ashram and go further to the starting of this 600-year-old city.
- Learn about India’s freedom movement by walking through these corridors at home of Mahatma Gandhi
- Visit Adalaj step well and listen to the tragic story behind this.
- Take a tour of the famous attractions in Ahmadabad with an experienced guide.
Ahmedabad city tour finds out why it is India’s first city to be awarded the World Heritage City by UNESCO. The 600-year-old walled city is a treasure trove of architectural and cultural hot spots. Ahmedabad City Tour takes you on a cultural tour through the home of Mahatma Gandhi at Sabarmati Ashram, an ancient Step Well that is over 5 stories, an incredible Jain temple with 52 shrines, the iconic Tree of Life at Siddhi Sayid Mosque, India’s largest mosque at Jami Masjid and Sardar Patel Bhavan for a story on how the Iron Man of India united the princely states into India.
- Your host cum guide for the tour will meet you at your hotel or residence address in Ahmedabad at 8:00 AM.
- After a formal introduction with the host, start the journey to the renowned Sabarmati Ashram also known as Gandhi Ashram.
- It is from here that he led the legendary Salt March of 1930, to oppose the British rule.
- After the ashram, head to Adalaj stepwell, built in 1555 by Queen of Rana Veer Singh and learn about the tragic story associated with this well. The walls of the stepwell are intricately carved and it is five stories deep
- Next, you'll head to Hutheesing Jain Temple, built during a severe famine by a wealthy Ahmedabad trader who died at 49 to provide employment to hundreds of skilled artisans. There are as many as 52 shrines dedicated to the Tirthankaras.
- The old city of Ahmedabad is a whole new world in itself. You will be visiting Siddi Sayid Mosque to see the world renowned “Tree of Life” which is intricately carved stone latticework and only 10 of those existed in the world.
- You will also visit the largest mosque in India, Jami Masjid can accommodate 25,000 devotees in its courtyard. It is a mesmerizing structure made of red sandstone and marble.
- Along with your host and guide, you will walk through the narrow lanes of the 600-year-old city. The bazaars here offer great bargains provided you can survive the cacophony
- Visit a fantastic museum on Sardar Patel, the first home minister of independent India who united more than 500 princely states into the union of India.
- In the end, you will be dropped back to the address of your hotel or residence in Ahmedabad by 6:00 PM. approximately.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Ahmedabad city limits.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Entry charges to places of visit.
- Breakfast and lunch during the tour.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.