Sundarbans Day Tour from Kolkata
Visit one of the biggest mangroves in the world, home to thousands of different species of flora and fauna including Royal Bengal Tiger.
- Cruise through the small channels spotting water animals like fiddler crabs and mudskipper fish.
- Spot land animals like spotted deer, wild boars, civet cat, monitor lizard, crocodiles, dolphins and of course the tigers.
- Get a chance to see different types of migratory birds.
The Sundarbans is one of the biggest mangroves in the world which lies in the delta formed by the confluence of three rivers Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna. The area has a rich flora and fauna having more than 250 bird species including seven types of kingfisher, egret, Brahmani eagles, pond heron and black cormorants. The Sunderbans is also home to the world famous Royal Bengal Tiger.
- You will be received from the hotel or residence at 04:30 AM by the driver who will be accompanied by our tour coordinator.
- Start the tour at 05:00 AM, three and a half hour drive from Kolkata you will reach Godhkhali, the last road point in mainland India.
- Board the boat from here at 08:30 AM and reach the resort where breakfast and tea will be served.
- From here you will again take a boat ride and reach Sajnekhali.
- After getting the entry permission & guide you head off into the vast Sundarban forest for your rendezvous with one of the biggest mangroves of the world, rich in flora and fauna.
- You will visit watchtowers, namely Sajnekhali & Sudhanyakhali.
- Cruising the small channels and creeks you may spot different wildlife, spotted deer, wild boars, civet cat, monitor lizard, crocodiles, dolphins and of course the tigers and diverse types of birds.
- Lunch will be served on return to resort at 3.00 PM.
- After lunch, you will be leaving from Godhkhali for Kolkata.
- You will reach Kolkata at around 08:00 PM, the tour ends here.
- Air-conditioned transportation from Kolkata to Sundarbans and back.
- Vegetarian/ Non-Vegetarian meals (1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 evening snacks).
- Permits for Indian nationals.
- Boat charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide in Sunderbans.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 12000 Flat Rate
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.