Guided Temple Tour of Goa
Take a tour of the temples of Goa with an expert guide and visit the ancient temples like Tamdi Surla Mahadev temple, Mangeshi Temple and Saptakoteshwar temple.
- Explore the ancient temple of Tambdi Surla, a 12th-century temple with an expert archaeologist.
- Visit Saptakoteshwar temple which was destroyed by Bahamani Sultanates.
- Understand the reason behind the change of location of Mangeshi temple.
- Complimentary lunch during the tour.
Goan Temple tour is a guided tour of the remarkable collection of treasures in the form of Temples built in a unique style of Architecture. Explore these temples in the company of an archaeologist, to appreciate this the mix of ancient ones which escaped the wrath of the Portuguese and a set of temples rebuilt after they left India. In this Goan temple tour, we will visit the Mahadev temple at Tamdi Surla which was built in Hemad-Panti style, the popular Mangeshi temple, and the unique Shiva temple at Saptakoteshwar. This is an all-inclusive trip where we take care of transport, lunch, activities and the services of an archaeologist.
- The driver will receive you from the hotel or residence in Goa city limits at 8:00 AM.
- The archaeologist guide cum host for the tour will meet you here and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- First stop for the tour will be Saptakoteshwar temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. This form of Shiva was the major deity of Kadamba dynasty and it was destroyed by Bahamani Sultanates and restored by Vijayanagara empire.
- Be driven to Tamdi Surla ancient Mahadev temple which is of the 12th century. This is a stone temple built in Hemad-Panti style of architecture.
- During the tour have lunch at a local eatery.
- Next, you will be visiting the Mangeshi temple, which used to be in a different location at Cortalem but it was moved to this location when the Portuguese started destroying the Hindu temples in the region.
- This temple has a unique 7 storeyed structure for lighting lamps and now even weddings are being conducted at this temple.
- In the end, you are dropped back to the hotel/residence in Goa city limits approximately by 5:00 PM.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Any toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable archaeologist.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5000 Per Person
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.