8 Days Trip to Glorious Spiti Valley- Ex.Chandigarh
In this 8 days trip explore the hidden gems and remote areas of Spiti valley and drive through Kalpa, Kaza, Hikkim, Sangla and many other interesting places to visit the monasteries, villages and other exciting places.
- Visit and explore the world's highest village - Kibber
- Send some postcards from the world's highest post office situated at Hikkim.
- All transportation from Chandigarh is included.
- All stays in the exotic location of Spiti valley
Day 1: Chandigarh to Narkanda | 180 KM 6 Hours Drive
- Arrive in Chandigarh and meet the representative. After the meet and greet, start the epic Himalayan road trip.
- Drive to Narkanda which is at a distance of around 180 km and will take 6 hours to reach.
- On the way, you will pass through Shimla, Kufri & some other places. It is slightly higher than Shimla (7,400 feet) and the road linking the two runs almost near the crest of the mountain with a gradual ascent.
- One is constantly treated to a bird's-eye view of the different valleys as the road twists and turns from one spur to another. Especially breathtaking is the view of Narkanda from Fagu, a small village en route.
- On arrived at Narkanda, check in to your hotel and enjoy overnight stay with dinner.
Day 2: Narkanda - Hatu Peak - Tanujubbar Lake- Sangla| 160 KM / 5-6 Hours.
- On the second day of this tour, after heartwarming breakfast start driving to Sangla.
- Firstly visit Hatu peak, with wonderful orchard and spectacular nature views around, the 7 km stretch to Hatu Peak is an easy trekking trail. Be it a family vacation or a weekend getaway with friends, it can be considered among top places to visit near Shimla.
- At the top of the peak, the verdant views of the mountains around and Hatu Mata temple grace the travellers with their majestic presence.
- Later on, visit Tanujubbar lake, encircled with trees all around, Tannu Jubbar lake looks amazingly beautiful. It is located at a distance of 10 km from Narkanda.
- Reach Sangla, the largest settlement in the valley, it will take around 6 hours to reach Sangla and it is a place where you find yourself staying overnight
Day 3: Sangla - Chitkul - Kalpa | 40 KM/ 1-2 hours.
- Rise up in the morning with a beautiful view around and have breakfast.
- On this day, you will visit Batseri/ Chitkul villages, which is known for its picturesque surroundings and amazing landscapes. It is one of 109 villages in Sangla block that offers an amazing view of the great Himalayas and gives a relaxing experience to the guests.
- There is a temple inside the village, which is dedicated to Lord Buddha and is visited by many tourists. The visitors are often enthralled by the captivating beauty of Batseri and so they spend their free time exploring the hidden spots in the village and capturing its uniqueness in their cameras.
- Basteri is also a nice place to buy handicrafts, hand made shawls, and Kinnauri caps and the tourists love buying all these interesting items on their trip to this intrinsic village.
- Chitkul can be described as one of the most scenic settlements in the valley and the last inhabited village before the India-China border. This short drive from Sangla to Chitkul will be one of the most scenic drives you’ll take with plenty of opportunities to take stunning photographs.
- Walk around the Bapsa river and pay tribute to the Mathi Goddess at the temple in the village.
- Later, drive toward Kalpa, it will take just an hour to reach Kalpa, on arrival check in to your hotel and enjoy your overnight stay with dinner.
Day 4: Kalpa - Nako - Ghuen Village - Tabo | 160 KM /5-6 Hours
- After breakfast, continue driving on the famous Hindustan - Tibet highway or the NH 22
- This stretch is famously known as one of “most treacherous roads of the world” by the lonely planet in a visual spectacle.
- After a quick refuelling stop at Puh, we proceed to Nako – the last hamlet of Kinnaur, before we enter the gates of Spiti Valley.
- After lunch in Nako, you drive through Sumdo, the first village of Spiti Valley on this road, to Tabo, which would be our first stop in the glorious, mystical Spiti Valley.
- Later on, visit Ghuen village - a Mummy of a Tibetan Buddhist monk, believed to be about 500 years old, has been found in India’s northern Himalayan state of Himachal Pradesh.
- The second largest village of the Spiti Valley, Tabo, is known worldwide for its 1000-year-old Tabo Monastery. Walk around this UNESCO world heritage site and gain a deeper insight into Buddhism.
- Unlike other monasteries in the Spiti Valley, the Tabo monastery is located at the bottom of the valley. Enjoy your overnight stay in Tabo.
Day 05: Drive from Tabo via Dhankar to Kaza
- After a delicious breakfast, drive towards Dhankar. Perched high above the confluence of the Spiti and Pin River, in a hidden bowl, is the tiny hamlet of Dhankar.
- If time permits, do take an hour’s climb above the village to visit the stunning turquoise Dhankar Tso or Dhankar Lake which offers views over the valley and towards the twin peaks of Mane Rang (6593 meters).
- Later on, drive towards the beautiful Pin Valley. First, visit the Kungri Monastery and then the beautiful hamlet of Mudh – the last motorable village of the Pin Valley.
- In the evening start your drive toward Kaza, it's just 1-2 hours drive and on arrived at Kaza check in your hotel and rest day to explore Kaza monastery and market.
- Here you can visit the Himalayan cafe, which is in the centre of the market and Deyzore cafe.
- The capital of Spiti, Kaza is a helpfully compact launch pad for trips to spectacular Ki Gompa and fascinating high-altitude villages including Kibber, Langza and Komic.
- Enjoy your stay at a hotel/homestay with dinner.
Day 06: Kaza local exploration | 30 KM/ 5-6 Hours
- On this day, after breakfast, you drive to some of the highest inhabited regions of the world, Komik.
- This little hamlet brings you thousands of miles away from your familiar settings to a place of soft brown pastures and snow-white mountain peaks.
- Later, drive to Hikkim where you visit the world’s highest post office in the world.
- Drive to Langza, a village is situated at an altitude of 4,400 meters and belongs to the Sakyapa sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Once you are here, you can walk into the village and visit the ancient Lang (Temple) which is estimated to be around 1000 years old.
- After that, you visit the world famous Ki Monastery. The car will first stop at the base of the monastery hill for the ultimate photo opportunity of this remarkable structure.
- Then you will move farther up the valley to the picturesque village of Kibber. The expanses of beautiful landscapes and immeasurable beauty of the snow-tipped mountains make the place a haven for nature-lovers and photographers alike.
- Drive back to Kaza in the evening and spend the night in a comfortable and warm Kaza hotel.
Day 07: Drive from Kaza to Chandrataal Lake | 80 KM / 5-6 Hours
- This day, commence your journey on the Kaza – Manali road. However, you take one last stop at another Spitian wonder – Chandratal Lake.
- The mystical and beautiful Chandratal Lake, which translates to Moon Lake, is located at a height of 14,100 feet.
- The Chandra Bhaga mountain range forms a striking backdrop for the lake, which changes appearance according to the pictures painted in the sky.
- After capturing the colours of the beautiful Chandratal Lake, drive to your camping site where a hot supper under the gaze of a million stars and the Milky Way awaits you.
- Your camps at Chandratal Lake are equipped with camping equipment including tents, high altitude sleeping bags/blankets and a comfortable mattress.
Day 8: Drive from Chandrataal Lake to Manali via Rohtang Pass |140 KM/ 6-7 hours
- After breakfast, start the drive from Chandrataal lake to Manali. Take a quick stop at Batal for a cup of tea.
- From there, you continue driving on the Kaza – Manali highway and stop at Chatru for lunch.
- Drive through the famous Rohtang Pass and return to Manali.
- The 13,050 feet high Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh, a major tourist attraction and at a distance of 51 km from Manali, Rohtang Pass is on the highway to Keylong/Leh.
- Nature lovers can enjoy beautiful views of glaciers, peaks and Chandra river that flows down in the Lahaul valley.
- Enjoy your overnight stay at a hotel with dinner.
Day 9: Drive from Manali to Chandigarh | 320 KM / 8 hours
- On next day after breakfast, check out from hotel and start your drive toward Chandigarh
- It is located at a distance of around 320 km and will take around 7-8 hours to reach there.
- On the way, you can also enjoy adventure activities in Kullu like paragliding, river rafting in the Beas river at an extra cost
- In the evening on arrived Chandigarh will drop you at the railway station/airport & board your train/flight back to onward destination.
- All transportation in SUV
- Driver and fuel charges
- Driver accommodation and food.
- Parking and toll charges
- Accommodation in hotels and camp on sharing basis
- Assistance on arrival & departure.
- Breakfast and dinner on all days
- English speaking driver cum guide.
- Camping at Chandrataal lake with sleeping bags and blankets.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 25000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.