Chanshal Pass Motorbike Expedition
CHANSHAL PASS MOTOR BIKE EXPEDITION-2016
This is a motor bike expedition to Chanshal pass-at an altitude of 4200 meter above sea level in Rohru valley of Shimla district. This adventure is neither about to fun, entertain, enjoy & nor about only visit there. its all about scream, passion, adventure, glory & test your limits.
"Adventure waits for no one, so live for today" - Walter Mitty.
Expedition Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Chandigarh-Kharapathar
Our motor bike expedition to Chanshal Pass starts from Chandigarh City, Royal Enfield 350cc will be provided to each rider. Start ride from Chandigarh via Shimla City, Kufri, Green Valley Fagu, Theog & Kothkhai. The route is About 180 Km & will take around 6-7 hours to Kharapathar. Evening will be free to feel the fresh beauty Of Himalayan Ranges. Dinner & O/N At Hotel/Camp.
The first-day route starts from Chandigarh & ends at Kharapathar. Means this day you will start ride Himalayan Ranges. When you will start from Chandigarh , slowly you will gain high altitude, after crossing Shimla City, its time to have a wide look on mountain ranges covered with snow. From Kufri you can see Chanshal Pass Ranges covered with snow.
Do not consider it as a easy ride. After crossing Kothkahi, which is 65km from Shimla, you will be going to feel a real off-road adventure.
Day 2: Kharapathar - Chanshal Pass
Today you wake up early at an altitude of 2900 Meter above sea level. So it is a good place to acclimatize. You can see a wide range of views from here & morning beauty of upper Shimla also known as Pahari Area. Enjoy your tea/coffee with the whispering winds & sunshine coming through covered snow mountains. The whispering winds & sunshine coming through snow covered mountains. After breakfast, ride towards Chanshal Pass, a distance of 85 Km. On the way you can visit Hateshwari Mata Temple, dedicated to Maa Durga.
Hatkoti is a small beautiful village enroute. Then take a drive to Rohru, Hub / Center of all localities. In Rohru we will do some activities like- Trot fishing in Pabbar river, visit Rohru local market & enjoy lunch time in Rohru. Again we head towards Chanshal Pass Via Chwahara Valley –well known for its Apple gardens, very special red rice fields & natural beauty. Arrive in Chanshal Pass in evening. Dinner & O/N At Camp.
Day 3: Chanshal Pass - Dodra & Kawar Villages - Chanshal Pass
It's the day, when you will wake up at an altitude of almost 4,000 Meters. Enjoy your morning tea at camps with that moment for which you rode to Chanshal Pass. This day we will ride to the most trans area of Rohru Valley- Dodra & Kawar villages. These two villages are on the border of Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand . Uttarakhand used to be a main trade route to Dodra & Kawar Villages in the earlier times. The ride is almost 90 Km of round trip & totally an Off-road adventure.
Here you can see traditional style houses built by wood & stone, their traditional style of costume , cultural fair & festivals. Today Dodra & Kawar Villages are well connected with all basic amenities like- Transportation, Banking, Medical Facilities.
In evening ride back To Chanshal Pass. Dinner & stay at Camps.
Day 4: Chanshal Pass - Explore Chanshal Pass
This morning, get up with a new feel. After having your morning tea & breakfast, full day to explore Chanshal Pass. Here you can do so many activities- Trekking, Skiing ( In Winters), Photography, Visit lakes, Bike Ride, any Game (Football, Cricket) & can soak in a 360 degree view from this top.
Full day to explore, trek , hike at Chanshal Pass & visit Saru Lake- A trek along the peak, Chanshal Pass- A place of many ayurvedic herbs / medicine, flowers & variety of flora & fauna.
We have to give nature more than we take from it. So in evening, we will do some activities to preserve our nature like- Planting, Clean Up Program etc. Later enjoy your Tea/ Coffee with our team at nonfire. Dinner & O/N At Camps.
Day 5: Chanshal - Shimla
Next Morning after having your morning tea/ coffee & breakfast ride back to Shimla-at a distance of around 165 Km.
On the way enjoy your ride having look at Apple gardens with Orchards collecting , packing & selling apples.
This time we take another route to Shimla Via Narkanda. In evening arriv in Shimla. In Shimla you can stay at hotel ( By own/ we can arrange) or can go back to Delhi by Volvo.
End Of Chanshal Pass Motorbike Expedition
- Royal Enfield 350 cc (Without Gas) To Every Rider.
- Camping , Hiking, Trekking & Riding At Chanshal Pass.
- Meal At 3 times A Day ( Breakfast + Lunch & Dinner) At Chanshal Pass & Rest 2 Time A Day ( Breakfast & Dinner).
- Stay In Hotel/ Camps.
- 04 Nights/ 05 Days Expedition.
- First Aid Box.
- Accompanied Guide For The Entire Tour On Bike.
- Basic Spares Parts (Any Damage/ Change In Spare Part Charge Directly).
- Gas / Fuel for Bike.
- Entrances to place of visit.
- Any personal or travel Insurance, tips, gratuities, portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks or any other expenses of personal nature, any item not specified under cost inclusions.
- Cost for any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned in 'INCLUDED'.
- Expedition Name- Chanshal Pass Motor Bike Expedition-2016.
- Location- Chanshal Pass (Rohru)
- Altitude- 3750 Meter Above Sea Level.
- Maximum Elevation- 4200 Meter.
- Suitable Time To Visit-May To June & September To October.
- Activities- Hiking, Trekking ,Camping & Riding.
- Nearest Railway Station/ Airport- Shimla.
- Vehicle – Royal Enfield 350 cc.
- Minimum No. Of Riders- 5
- Per Rider Cost: INR- 4500 .
- Registration Starting From- 5th Of August.
- Registration Requirement- At Least 15-20 Days Prior To Departure.
- Required Documents- Identity Proof ( Voter ID, PAN Card, Driving License).
- High altitude travel are adventure activities and the rates do not cover any insurance, risk cover, damages, claims etc. A person coming on adventure tour has to be covered for adventure travel & activities apart from normal travel insurance. Operator or any of its service providers would not be liable in any case for any mishap/ loss etc.
- It is in the nature of a holiday of this kind (High Altitude Travel or Adventure Tour) to be flexible. The day to day agenda and ultimate goal of the tour is taken as an aim and not as a contractual obligation. We shall not be responsible for the delays or alterations in the program or expenses incurred due to rain, landslides, snow, flood, conflict, internal flight delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, weather, war, vehicle problems, political closures and disputes. Any alterations in programs and any extra expenses thus incurred due to any reason beyond our control has to be settled directly if such charges come up to make necessary amendments and arrangements for a safe passage. Failing direct settlement of expenses, the company in operation would have to furnish us a guarantee of payment in writing and make payments before the tour services terminates.
- While traveling in Trans Himalayan regions (Spiti – Kinnaur & ladakh) if due to any unforeseen circumstances like rain, landslides etc, the itinerary may have to be changed at last minute. In case there are any last minute changes due to operational problems, there are no refunds or compensation associated with it. However, if the costs go up due to changed itinerary the guests may have to pay supplement costs for changed itinerary and ground arrangements.
- For travel to Ldakh & Kinnaur Spiti or high altitude tour or for any other high altitude tour a person should be covered under travel insurance and the insurance should also include adventure travel and repatriation by a helicopter. Our tour cost donot include any travel insurance/ repatriation charges/ damages/ claims etc incase of any eventuality.
- We advise that the Indian nationals carry some identity proof along with him/ her during his/ her tour to Kinnaur & Spiti regions like driving license or voter I card or passport. This at time may be required to show at Army check posts while traveling from one place to other (in rare cases Army check posts may ask for an identity proof). Foreign nationals should also have all travel documents in original.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point: