Day Trek To Kalsubai - the Highest Point in Maharashtra
Kalsubai is a mountain in the Western Ghats, located in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Its summit situated at an elevation of 1646 metres (5400 feet) is the highest point in Maharashtra.
The mountain range lies within the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. It is visited throughout the year by avid trekkers, Kalsubai temple devotees, and wildlife enthusiasts alike.
- Trek to the Everest of Maharashtra.
- Well designated routes make this difficult climb accessible to all.
- Company of an experienced trekking guide.
Kalsubai comes to be protected under the precincts of a sanctuary. It nurtures nature in the vast stretches of forests nestled along their slopes and valleys. Open high-altitude forests dominate the scene. In the post-monsoon period, the region witnesses a dramatic makeover with flowers of different colours and varieties blossoming along the landscape. This attracts a hoard of butterflies, bees, dragonflies and other insects to feed upon the precious nectar.
To the north of the mountain range forts such as Ramsej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, Kavnai can be seen. To the east one can spot Aundha, Vishramgad, Bitangad, to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south-west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar, Harishchandragad can be seen.
The truncated summit provides a modest area of flat land which holds a sacred temple of a local deity.
- You will have to assemble at Kasara Railway Station at 1:30 AM.
- Post reporting at the station, you will have to travel to the Bari village in a sharing jeep.
- Arrive at the Bari village and rest for a while.
- You will have a quick introduction session over breakfast and then start the trek.
- After you reach the top, you may spend some time and explore the surroundings.
- On completing the descend you will have your lunch at the base village.
- After lunch, start the return journey to Kasara Railway Station.
- Board the train to your respective destinations.
- All the transportation charges from Kasara to Kasara.
- Veg breakfast.
- Veg lunch.
- Trekking guide and expertise charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1150 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.