Jawhar Day Tour from Mumbai
A peaceful interlude for the stressed mind Jawhar is relatively unexplored and untouched hill station retreat in the state of Maharashtra. An abundance of rich scenic beauty with striking dales, forest, and a pleasant climate all year round make Jawhar the ultimate destination for a rejuvenating weekend.
- Take a tour of the places like the Jai Vilas Palace, Bhupatgad Fort, Dabhosa Waterfall and more.
- Soak in the natural beauty of the waterfall town, blessed by nature.
- A hassle-free journey from Mumbai to Jawhar with a well-experienced chauffeur.
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
Jawhar was a capital city of the erstwhile Koli princely state of Jawhar. Situated in the ranges of the Western Ghats, Jawhar is known for its picturesque setting and vibrant cultural heritage. It is one of the few remaining tribal regions of Maharashtra and is famous for its vibrant Warli painting that is a characteristic landmark of this place. Established in 1918, Jawhar is one of the oldest municipal councils in the state of Maharashtra.
Grand temples with historical importance’s, placid lakes with a serene atmosphere, dams located at naturally scenic places and enthralling tourist spots offering a beautiful panoramic view of the down valley, are a few attractions which attract domestic and foreign tourist to Jawhar.
Mumbai to Jawhar Suggested Sightseeing Itinerary:
- Your tour starts with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits at your preferred time slot.
- Upon arrival at Jawhar, you will be visiting the following places:
- Jai Vilas Palace: The Jai Vilas Palace is the most popular historic tourist attraction in Jawhar. This neoclassical style palace was built by Raja Yashwant Rao Mukane. Built on a hilltop, this palace is a masterpiece of architecture with a blend of Western and Indian styles of architecture in majestic pink stones. The interiors of this palace display the rich culture and lifestyle of tribal kings of Mukne family. The palace is surrounded by a beautiful garden with a dense forest like foliage, having trees of Cashew everywhere.
- Hanuman Point: A viewpoint created near the Katya Maruti temple, one can see the historical fort of Shahapur Maholi from this point. During night time, it is possible to see lights of train in Kasara ghat form this point. The Hanuman point is a beautiful place to witness the sunrise from the surrounding valley, nearby high hills & the Royal Jaivilas Palace.
- Dabhosa Waterfall: Dabhosa waterfall is one of the highest waterfalls in Maharashtra. To top it all this is one of the very few waterfalls which is perennial. The crater shaped bowl into which the waterfall cascades and the lake at the bottom of the waterfall is truly a spectacular sight.
- Khadkhad Dam: This is one of the major dams near Jawhar city with beautiful scenic locations. The place provides a peaceful natural ambience to soothe a tired mind & body, besides this excess water of the dam flows through the huge rocks which can be seen in the form of a waterfall.
- Shirpamal: The Shirpamal is a place of historical importance. Shivaji Maharaj had stayed here over-night, en route to plunder Surat.
- Bhupatgad Fort: The remains of this once mighty fort destroyed during the British rule inspire in you a historical pride for our mighty ancestors. Bhupatgarh fort was a comparably small fort located outskirts of Jawhar and was constructed during the reign of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. This is a historical monument with strong links to the Maratha Kingdom.
- Sunset Point: Nearly 0.5 km towards west, from the heart of the city, there is a heritage of lovers called a Sunset point. The shape of the valley around the Sunset point is like Bow, therefore earlier it was known as Dhanukamal. During sunset, one can see the mountain of Mahalaxmi near Dahanu, which is nearly 60 km from Jawhar.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Mumbai.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Mumbai city Hotel/Residence.
- All sightseeing using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for 450 km (can be extended).
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5799 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.