Silvassa Day Tour from Mumbai
Spend a day exploring the former Portuguese colony of Silvassa which is known for its scenic beauty, wildlife sanctuaries, and facilities for water sports.
- Visit the DNH Wildlife Sanctuary which includes the Vasona Lion Safari and Deer Park.
- Visit the Japanese-style island garden of Vanganga.
- Company of an experienced chauffeur during the course of the tour.
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
Silvassa is a town on the Daman Ganga river in western India, bordering the state of Gujarat. Formerly under Portuguese rule, it’s known for its varied tribal heritage, explored at the Tribal Cultural Museum through objects like masks and musical instruments. Bal Udyan Park has kids' play areas. Northwest in Dadra, Vanganga Lake Garden is a Japanese-style island garden with boats for hire on the surrounding water.
Mumbai to Silvassa Suggested Sightseeing Itinerary
- Your tour starts with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits at your preferred time slots.
- Upon arrival at Silvassa, you will be visiting the following suggested places:
- Butterfly Park: The park is home for a large species of butterflies and provides a great experience for nature lovers and kids. (Timing: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Closed on Mondays)
- Dudhani Lake: Dudhani Lake is a large lake built on the reservoir of Madhuban Dam. It has boating and some watersports (seasonal) for guests to explore.
- Brindabin Temple: Probably a distortion of the name of the famous Hindu shrine, Brindavan Temple in North India, Brindabin Temple is also known as Tadkeshwara Temple among the local residents. It is situated amidst a peaceful environment on the bank of river Sakartod. The historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Satmaliya Deer Park: Satmaliya Deer Park is home to Chinkara, Blackbucks and spotted deer. Apart from different types of deer, the park has birds like Peacock, Flameback Woodpecker, Thrushes and many more. There is a watchtower inside the park from where you can enjoy a sweeping view of the park and the Madhuban dam. (Timing: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Closed on Mondays)
- Vasona Lion Safari: The Vasona Lion Safari is part of the DNHWildlife Sanctuary. This safari was built with the intention of conservation of the Asiatic lion. Visitors are driven inside wildlife park in vans with net mesh screens for admiring the Asiatic Lions in their natural habitat. (Timing: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Closed on Mondays)
- Madhuban Dam: The Madhuban dam is a must-visit for all tourists. It offers a breathtaking view of photography.
- Shri Swaminarayan Mandir: A majestic temple built in modern times, the Swaminarayan temple is dedicated to Bhagwan Swaminarayan and located at the banks of the river Daman Ganga. Spend some time here, observing silence or meditate, which will definitely relax the mind and body. (Timing: 9:00 am to 6:30 pm)
- Our Lady of Piety Church: Built around 1886-89, this church is a perfect showcase of Portuguese architecture.
- Tribal Cultural Museum: A major tourist puller of Silvassa, the Tribal Cultural Museum showcases the life and life tools of the tribal people of Dadra and Nagar Haveli. The tribal way of life is showcased through life-size models, wedding dresses and photographs of eventful ceremonies. A must-visit for everyone who is curious about Silvassa’s legacy. (Timing: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Closed on Mondays)
- Nakshatra Garden: A unique astrology-based garden, that comprises several separate components, including Raashi Van, Nakshatra Van, a medicinal plant section, children play section and Grah Van.
- Hirwa Van Garden: Hirwa Van Garden is a popular picnic spot with cascading waterfalls and colourful flowerbeds interspersed amongst the lush green gardens offering its visitors with mesmerizing sights. (Timing: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, Closed on Mondays)
- Vanganga Garden: A haven for nature lovers, this Japanese styled garden has a lot to offer. One can enjoy a leisure boat ride in the lake or a walk along the sides which are lined with trees and beautiful flower beds. A musical fountain show is organized at 7:00 pm which lasts for around 15-20 minutes. (Timing: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Closed on Mondays)
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Mumbai.
- Most of the tourist attractions in Silvassa are closed on Monday.
- The Vasona Lion Safari and Satmaliya Deer Park are closed during the monsoons.
- Please plan your trip accordingly.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Mumbai city Hotel/Residence.
- All sightseeing using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for 450 km (can be extended).
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5799 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.