Hampta Pass Trek
Take a 4 days trek to Hampta Pass, which is one of the ideal and easiest treks that one can take in Himachal
- A trek which is ideal for the first time trekkers.
- One of the best trek with the best views of Himachal
- Company of a knowledgeable trek leader throughout the trek
Hampta Pass is the most ideal trek for first-timers; it is not only easily accessible and easy to trek but is also simply breath-taking. You can start your trek from Manali at 14100 ft, this is convenient compared to starting from a remote village, and take around 5 days to complete this trek. You can cover such a variety of landscapes in this trek. It covers barren land, lush forests, open valleys, and lakes which makes it a visual treat, ideal for photography.
The Hampta Pass connects the most beautiful Kullu with the Lahaul and Spiti district and therefore exposes you to their rich flora and fauna, rare Himalayan birds and beautiful meadows. Tourists from all over the world come to trek here cherish their soul and heart for an exhilarating experience.
Best months for the trek will be Mid-June onwards till October.
Day 01: Report in Manali and drive to Jobra and trek to Chikka
- You are requested to report in Sahminala, Manali by 10:00 AM and meet the guide here.
- After a short meet and greet, you will start a drive in a shared vehicle to Jobra with your packed lunch for the trek.
- The drive towards Hampta dam is exquisitely beautiful with pine forests, rock faces and trees like Maple, walnut and oak.
- After reaching Jobra, start the trek to Chikka which would take around 2 hours to reach.
- The trek is easy with less ascend and there is a small forest patch and two wooden bridges to get you to the campsite.
- Relax for a while after reaching the campsite and later have dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 02: Trek from Chikka to Balu Ka Gera | 11900 feet | 5-6 hours trek
- On the second day, you will be trekking from Chikka to Balu Ka Gera.
- The trail leads to alpine meadows, full of interesting flora. After crossing stream at Jwara, a beautiful scenic sheltered valley
- The route will encompass several small waterfalls, lush green meadows, and Dhauladhar peaks will be your constant company throughout the hiking hours
- Bhalu ka Ghera (Bear’s circle), in its literal sense, is a place where brown bears are said to hibernate during winters. A beautiful camping spot and it is here that we will set up our camps for the night
Day 03: Trek from Baalu Ka Gera to Hampta Pass and back |
- On this day, start the trek early by 7:00 AM and trek today is a challenging one.
- As we start walking towards the mountains from Balu Ka Gera along the river for an hour when the gradient begins, the trail takes you straight towards Hampta Pass.
- In no time, you will see the first plateau, the magnificent Deo Tibba peak right in front of you. Climb up the ridges as you come closer to Hampta Pass.
- The climb is vertical and steep which demands concentration and effort, which is all worth at the end.
- Now at 14,100 ft., you are on top of Hampta Pass with breathtaking views that will leave you in awe.
- The descent is slightly trickier than the ascent as always. It can vary slightly depending on the snow condition too and later reach the campsite at Balu ka Gera.
- Dinner is served at the campsite and camp under the stars to end the day.
Day 4: Trek from Balu ka Gera to Jobra and drive back to Manali
- Start today's hike after having breakfast at the campsite in Balu ka Gera
- Trek for today is of almost 5 hours, having rested for some time you can walk up a short distance to a nearby waterfall.
- Reach Jobra and take a drive back to Manali to end the trek with beautiful memories.
- Accommodation in tents on sharing basis
- All meals (Starting from day 1 lunch to lunch on the day 4)
- Service of a knowledgeable guide
- Wildlife/environmental permits and other permits & levies
- Transportation from Manali to Jobra and back
- Support staff
- First aid and medical kits
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4250 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.