Kaas Plateau A Trip to Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers
An all-inclusive trip to the Valley of Flowers of Maharashtra, come explore Kass Plateau at your ease with all your trip related hassles being taken care of. Spend 2 soothing days in this haven of Maharashtra.
- Take a tour of Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers which is home to around 850 species of flowers.
- Visit the spectacular Thoseghar Waterfalls and the Chalkewadi windmill farms.
- An all-inclusive trip: Cost for Transfers from Mumbai, Stays in Dual Occupancy, Meals are all included in the trip cost.
The Kaas Plateau is situated 25 kilometres west of Satara city in Maharashtra. It falls under the Sahyadri Sub Cluster of the Western Ghats, and it became a part of a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site in 2012.
Locally called as 'Kas Pathar' or 'Plateau of Flowers', the plateau is home to more than 850 species of flowering plants. The flora of Kas i. e. the entire flowering plants and their related plants are typically restricted to that particular locality only. Many species which are still new to the Botanical Science are observed on the plateau. Many of the endemic, endangered plants are found on Plateau. Plateau seems to change the colours after every 15- 20 days as the cycle of flowering plants progresses with the monsoon progress from June to October.
Day 1: Drive from Mumbai to Kaas - Check-in to Hotel - Thoseghar waterfalls - Chalkewadi Windmill Farms
- You would start your trip with a pickup from Dadar.
- Post pick-up head towards Kaas while making stops at Chembur, Vashi, Kalamboli, and Pune.
- On reaching Kaas, you check in to the hotel and freshen up.
- After lunch, you will proceed towards the Thoseghar waterfalls.
- Next up, you visit the Chalkewadi Windmill Farms.
- In the evening post completion of the tour head back to the hotel and rest.
Day 2: Pick-up from Kass Hotel - Kaas Local Sightseeing - Drive back to Mumbai
- On the second day, after breakfast you head to Kaas Plateau - a biodiversity hotspot known for various types of seasonal wildflowers bloom and numerous species of endemic butterflies.
- This trail will be focused on enjoying the beauty of the plateau while learning as much as you can about the various species of flowers.
- Post lunch, you will start your drive back for Mumbai.
- Transportation charges from Mumbai to Kaas and back by a non-ac vehicle.
- Day 1 - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Day 2 - Breakfast and Lunch.
- Accommodation on dual sharing basis.
- Entry fees at Kaas.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3999 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.