Trek To Bijli Mahadev
Bijli Mahadev named after the miracle that occurs here, is one of the most sacred and revered temples of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The temple of Lord Shiva – Bijli Mahadev –is constructed in the ancient architectural style called “Kash”. There is an ancient” Shiva – Lingam” in the heart of the temple and atop the temple is a staff. It is located at an altitude of about 2,460m in the Kullu Valley. Located 22 km from Kullu across the river Beas, the short trek of about 3 km commences from “Chansari” village. From there, one has to trek uphill, however there is a well-defined path now so the trek is fairly comfortable.
The trek is extremely rewarding as it is surrounded by lush green Pine and Deodar forests and views that are any photographer’s delight. It takes about 1 to 2 hours. Once you reach the top, the view is guaranteed to take your breath away. A panoramic view of Kullu and Parvati valleys can be seen from the temple. There is a charming small lake atop the mountain and is surrounded by lush green meadows and pastures dotted with majestic wild horses grazing away to glory.
The 60 feet high staff of Bijli Mahadev temple glistens like a silver needle in the sun
Legend has it that the tall staff attracts the divine blessings in the form of lightning. It is believed that the priest of the temple has to restore the Shiva linga placed inside the temple using butter and sattoo after every lightning as it shatters to pieces with flash of lightning.
Spend some precious moments with your family and friends and see life from a different point of view. You name it and you have it.
We will customize your experience as per your request.
Day 00: Delhi- Chandigarh – Manali (12 – 14 hrs.)
Arrive in Manali in the morning and reach ‘dA Base, Haripur, Manali. Unwind after the long drive. Later meet the team. Explore surroundings like the beautiful ‘somvan’ by the river Beas, Naggar Castle, Roerich art Gallery etc. Back in time for relaxed evening over bonfire and early dinner to get up early in the morning
Day 01: Base Camp, Manali – Naggar – Jana – Kotadhar
After an early and scrumptious breakfast, embark on one of the most beautiful treks in the Kullu valley. Leave for Bijli Mahadev via Naggar (ancient capital of Kullu). Visit the ancient Naggar Castle and head on to Jana (the National Heritage village). The trek commences from Jana and one walks through thick and beautiful forests through the Kais Wildlife Sanctuary and arrives at Camp 1 – Kotadhar. Enjoy the wild with a bonfire to warm your bones, enjoy you dinner in the true wilderness and camp overnight.
Day 02: Kotadhar – Bijli Mahadev
Open your eyes and soak in the raw beauty of Kotadhar. After an early breakfast, trek on to witness the Grandeur of Bijli Mahadev. The trek meanders on the ridge and takes about 2 to 3 hours at a comfortable pace. The spectacular view of the Parvati valley on one side and Kullu valley on the other leaves one in awe. Arrive at the Majestic Bijli Mahadev and one can really understand why it is called so. Relax and breathe and enjoy mouth-watering lunch to energize you. As it is a photographer’s haven, let the artist and nature lover in you run wild and capture some timeless images of “God’s Artistry”. Visit the legendary temple - Bijli Mahadev and you will feel the power there. The vision and sights of open and lush green meadows, with an oval lake adorning the top and majestic horses pasturing away to glory will re-define life. Connect with yourself and let yourself go at the same time. Warm your bones by the blazes of a bonfire and enjoy a lovely dinner before slipping into your dream world at this surreal camp site.
Day 03: Bijli Mahadev - Chansari – Manali
Wake up to a view that will leave you with an image that cannot be put in to words. After an early breakfast, depart for Chansari. Drive from Chansari to base camp, unwind and after lunch, depart for Manali to board the bus which departs at 4:30pm.
- Stay at Base Camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Stay in comfortable tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious vegetarian cooked fresh)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements Tents, Sleeping Bags, ice axe, rope etc.
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies, wherever required.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Porterage for your personal bags @ Rs. 600 per person per day day for 10 Kg.
Personal Tent (2men alpine) on Trek - INR. 1200
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go angling, and interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back
Adventure Gear List:
Woollen cap and woollen gloves, thermal under-garments, warm sweater, woollen trousers / thick track pants for trekking, woollen socks, rain gear (jacket, trousers/ parkha), warm jacket, torch, full sleeves t – shirts, sun block lotion, chap-stick (lip salve), good hiking (preferably waterproof) shoes with ankle support, gaiters, camera, films, battery backup etc. one duffel bag for personal items (sky bags etc. will not be accepted to be carried by horse– not more than 10 kg strictly), one knapsack for item of daily use (to be carried by you), personal medicine
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
5 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.