Kopatty Coorg | Dubare Elephant Camp | Water Activities
Kopatty Coorg Trek is one of the weekend treks around Bangalore where you can experience the bliss of the Coorg lifestyle and the endless tropical trails of the Western Ghats in the Coorg district of Karnataka. It is one of those weekend getaways near Bangalore where a trekking passionate person will experience euphoria for the trail which comprises of the village life, jeep trails, dense jungles, water streams and outspread meadows. They say that trekking in Coorg is never complete until you stay at a local Homestay in Coorg and eat local food in Coorg.
- ALTITUDE: 4,500ft
- TRAIL TYPE: A 14 km trek along the dense tropical rain forests with steep inclinations towards Kopatty Hill.
- DIFFICULTY: Easy - Moderate, steep yet straight forward ascent, no prior experience required.
- Erulli Vana Forests, which are considered sacred in the Kodagu region can be seen in full view from the Kopatty Hill Top.
- Dubare Elephant Camp in Madikeri, Coorg gives assurance for Elephants and also white water rafting on the banks of River Cauvery.
- Golden Temple, a Tibetan Monastery at Bylakuppe, Kushalnagar which promises enlightenment to many, if desired.
- ADVISORY: The Kopatty Hill is surrounded by wildlife. There can moments where one can spot Elephants and other wild animals too. The trekking trail becomes a little complicated so it is advised to undertake it under guidance. Also during Monsoons, it is advised to be prepared to tackle leeches on the way.
- WATER SOURCES: There can be one or two water stream before the last ascent of Kopatty Hill, which depend on the Monsoon.
Pickup from Bangalore
Reach Homestay in Coorg – Reach Trek Base – Begin the Kopatty Coorg Hill Trek – Summit Kopatty Hill – Reach Homestay in Coorg – Explore Coorg – Explore Bhagamandala – Dig at Triveni Sangam – Sunset – Campfire
Early morning hike to River Cauvery – Explore Dubare Elephant Camp* – Water Activities* – Reach Bangalore by 2030 Hrs.
*The Dubare Elephant Camp exploration and rafting activity is an addition to the present trek itinerary and should not be considered as an activity conducted by the Get Beyond Limits Team.
*The type of adventures at Dubare Elephant Camp and respective Water Activities are season dependent and hence are not included in the cost above.
- Bangalore to Coorg and back to Bangalore all transportation
- All Accommodation (Homestay in Coorg)
- All you can eat food in Coorg arrangement
- 2 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Power Pack (Energy Snacks)
- Anything not mentioned above.
- *The type of adventures at Dubare Elephant Camp and respective Water Activities are season dependent and hence are not included in the cost above.
- The Dubare Elephant Camp exploration and rafting activity is an addition to the present trek itinerary and should not be considered as an activity conducted by the Get Beyond Limits Team.
Things to carry:
- Cargos/Track pants
- Trekking/Hiking Shoes, preferably waterproof
- A few pairs of cotton socks
- Water bottle
- Personal Medication/First Aid Kit