Kopatty Hill Trek in Coorg
Paddy fields swaying in the breeze, looming mountains of the Western Ghats, a chance to meet some wild animals and finally the beauty of the Kopatty peak.
- Trek to the less trod Kopatty Peak with an experienced guide.
- A chance to spot wild animals up close
- Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic view of the Western Ghats and the Mandalpatti plateaus
- A moderate trek for people of all ages and experience
The less explored but nevertheless beautiful trek to the Kopatty hill is something that should immediately get a place on your bucket list. During this trek, you can witness paddy fields swaying in the wind, stretches of coffee plantations and be greeted by the leeches as the trail passes through the thick forest area. The trail is fairly flat and you will come across a stream within few kilometres. After that, a brief but steep climb will lead you into the forest. As you move further into the forest it opens out to a meadow. From there you can spot the Kopatty peak beaming with pride. As you reach the peak, you can witness a breath-taking panoramic view of the Western Ghats and the Mandalpatti plateaus. The descent from the peak will be quite adventurous and thrilling.
Strictly no littering. Help in our efforts to keep “Coorg Clean “
- The guests are requested to report at Chermbane village by 8:00 am and meet the group.
- There will be a briefing of the activity for the whole group by the trek guide.
- The trek will start from Cherambane village near Bagamandala by 9:00 am. The total trekking distance is 12 km.
- We will reach the top and enjoy the landscape views around and explore the top.
- Later, start the trek back to the base camp and end the trek by 1:00 - 1:30 pm.