Kopatty Hill Trek In Coorg
Paddy fields swaying in the breeze, looming mountains of the Western Ghats, a chance to meet some wild animals and finally the beauty of the Kopatty peak.
- Trek to the less trod Kopatty Peak.
- A chance to spot wild animals up close
- Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic view of the Western Ghats and the Mandalpatti plateaus
- A moderate trek for people of all ages and experience
- Experienced guide
The less explored but nevertheless beautiful trek to the Kopatty hill is something that should immediately get a place on your bucket list. During this trek, you can witness paddy fields swaying in the wind, stretches of coffee plantations and be greeted by the leeches as the trail passes through the thick forest area. The trail is fairly flat and you will come across a stream within few kilometres. After that, a brief but steep climb will lead you into the forest. As you move further into the forest it opens out to a meadow. From there you can spot the Kopatty peak beaming with pride. As you reach the peak, you can witness a breath-taking panoramic view of the Western Ghats and the Mandalpatti plateaus. The descent from the peak will be quite adventurous and thrilling.
Strictly no littering. Help in our efforts to keep “Coorg Clean “
08:00 am: Arrive at the reporting location and meet the group followed by the group briefing by the trek guide
09:00 am: Trek commences from Cherambane village near Bagamandala. Total trekking distance is 12 km
1:00 - 1:30 pm: Reach back to the base and trek ends
- A good pair of trekking shoes which is water resistant
- A water bottle to keep you hydrated
- A personal Medical Kit. Our guide will be equipped with first aid kit.
- Pair of Sunglasses & a hat
- A raincoat OR Poncho (If it is the rainy season)
- Backpack with broad straps
- Jackets, Sweater, Dark coloured shirts & Track Pants
- Carry personal identity card
- Avoid wearing bright coloured clothes - Ex: Red
- Follow your guide, Please DON’T trek alone and fast. Let’s all go in one group.
- Always offer help to those facing difficulty
- Do not wear sarees or any other uncomfortable clothing
- Smoking & consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited
- Don’t litter. Help in our efforts to keep “Coorg Clean “
Please Note: Leeches are quite common in the Western Ghats and especially in the rainy season. So do not panic. Carry salt & lemon or small sachets of shampoo. Our guide will explain in detail on how to avoid them.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Meet & Greet your friendly guide at Cherambane VIllage
- The Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick-up time.