Saurkundi Pass Trek
4 Nights/5 Days
Saurkundi pass trek is a beautiful trek in Himachal himalaya that passes through small himalayan hamlet, beautiful villages, sky touching snow capped peaks. The magic of Saurkundi pass trek is that you can experience ever changing landscape of Himalaya rapidly. This is probably the best trek in Himachal to experience the culture of Himalayan villages, local lifestyle and magnificent views. With an altitude of 13000 feet the Saur kund, the beautiful lake of saur kund will wash way all your negativity and fill your mind with the pure himalayan natural beauty.
Day 0: Delhi – Chandigarh – Manali (12 – 14 hrs.)
The participants will de-board the Bus at ‘Patlikuhl’, 14 kms short of New Manali Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our Base in Haripur. Unwind at our base located in an orchard in Haripur. After breakfast explore Naggar/ Manali. Return back at base to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day 01: Manali – Shangchar – Thoti
Thoti Thāch is an upland in near Manali situated between Bulti Huwe and Porang Dogri. From Manali we will start our trek to Thoti. The route is very serene and you will cross several small meadows, high standing deodar and pine forests and reach to Thoti via Sangchar
Day 02: Thoti – Maylee
Today's trek is one of the toughest trek in our schedule. Today we will start our trek from the middle of the jungle and ens it at the plains of Maylee thach. This is one of the most beautiful site of Saurkundi trek. You will witness the snow capped peaks all around you and camp will be on the snow. Sun set and sunrise will be the most beautiful sights in this camp.
Day 03 : Maylee – Sarkundi Pass – Maylee
This day is the most critical day of our trek, because we will be crossing the Sarkundi pass today. We will start our journey little bit early as compare to other day’s. Because in noon it is not easy to walk on the snow. We will be top on the peak today and could see the many famous peaks from there.
After Saurkundi pass we will have an amazing experience of sliding on the ice of almost 1 KM. Today our stay will be at Maylee
Day 04 : Maylee Thach – Longa
Today trek seems to be easy as we have to descend only, but take care of your feet properly because chances of foot injury is high today. Today camp will be in the middle of Jungle.
Day 05 : Longa – kalath – Manali.
Today is the last day of trekking and we have to trek to Kalath. After Kalath we will move to the base.
**Guests who are travelling the next day are welcome to stay the night at no extra cost. Relax at the base camp or go angling (some nice spots near our base) the next day, before we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
- 2 nights stay at Base Camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at our base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- porterage @INR. 300 per day in case alpine style trekkers need porter/pony
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at our Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure - 10% of the total amount payable would be charged
- Between 15 - 29 days – 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure 100%.
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis.
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
We might be forced to change/modify the itinerary and also reserves the right to do so, due to unforeseen disruptions by natural forces. If any costs increase due to this change, the client would be requested to pay the additional amount in Manali.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
3 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
3 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
3 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
2 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.