Kalihani Pass with Lake Rani Sui Trek
Though limited to the Kullu valley, the trek takes you to upper reaches of the Pir Panjal range with excellent views of Hanuman Tibba, Indrasan and other peaks. Kalihani Pass also forms the pathway to the remote Bara Bangal village in the Kangra valley.
Day 0: Delhi- Chandigarh – Manali | 12-14 hours
Arrive in Manali in the morning and reach ‘dA Base, Haripur, Manali. Unwind after the long drive. Later meet the team. Explore surroundings like the beautiful ‘somvan’ by the river Beas, Naggar Castle, Roerich art Gallery etc. Back in time for relaxed evening over bonfire and early dinner to get up early in the morning.
Day 1: Base Camp - Manali – Lama Dugh (3017m) | 5-6 hours
The climb is through thick forests but there is no water point after departing from Manali. As one gains height in this steep climb, the distinct views of different faces of Indrasan, Deo Tibba and peaks of Bara Shigri glacier open up. In the last lag, the path turns to the right and one traverses the ridge horizontally and enters the campsite on an alpine plateau studded with thick growth of alpine flowers.
Day 2: Lama Dugh – Riyali Thach (3400m) | 5-6 hours
The height gain on this day is approximately 1 km. The trek is through steep a ridge below Thanpri Tibba (4000m). From this point, one can have a magnificent glimpse of Manali, situated on the left bank of River Beas and the whole upper Kullu valley, which appears swathed in the different colors of the season.
Day 3: Riyali Thach – Base of Kalihani Pass (4010m) | 6-7 hours
The trail proceeds over open meadows initially followed by a steep descent to a stream. Crossing it, the path continues in a steep climb for about three Hrs.) till you arrive at the camp at the base of the Kalihani Pass. Make sure you catch the views of Deo Tibba and Indrasan peaks from the campsite.
Day 4: Base of Kalihani – Kalihani Pass (4725m) – back to Base | 7-8 hours
Today will be a long day with a steep climb to the pass crossing a stretch of scree, a moraine and the Kalihani glacier. Take time off at the pass to get a splendid 360 degree view of hanging glaciers, the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges. A steep descent will bring you back to the camp.
Day 5: Base of Kalihani Pass – Rani Sui (3400m) | 6-7 hours
The trail traces back to Riyali Thach and goes further to Rani Sui, where there is a small mountain pond.
Day 6: Rani Sui – Bogi Thach (3000m) | 3-4 hours
Today’s is an easy walk downhill to the meadow at Bogi Thach. The path winds through thick pine forests with cedar and deodar trees.
Day 7: Bogi Thach – Panaga (2300m) – Manali | 3-4 hours
Continue downhill till the village of Panaga from where a vehicle will pick you up and drop you to Manali. The trek ends here. Participants can then board the bus from Manali to Delhi/Chandigarh
Guests who would like to extend their vacation and chill or enjoy angling and other adventure activities with us are welcome to do so at minimum additional cost.
- 2 nights stay at Base Camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 14500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.