Kalihani Pass with Lake Rani Sui Trek
Though limited to the Kullu valley, the trek takes you to upper reaches of the Pir Panjal range with excellent views of Hanuman Tibba, Indrasan and other peaks. Kalihani Pass also forms the pathway to the remote Bara Bangal village in the Kangra valley.
Day 0: Delhi- Chandigarh – Manali | 12-14 hours
Arrive in Manali in the morning and reach ‘dA Base, Haripur, Manali. Unwind after the long drive. Later meet the team. Explore surroundings like the beautiful ‘somvan’ by the river Beas, Naggar Castle, Roerich art Gallery etc. Back in time for relaxed evening over bonfire and early dinner to get up early in the morning.
Day 1: Base Camp - Manali – Lama Dugh (3017m) | 5-6 hours
The climb is through thick forests but there is no water point after departing from Manali. As one gains height in this steep climb, the distinct views of different faces of Indrasan, Deo Tibba and peaks of Bara Shigri glacier open up. In the last lag, the path turns to the right and one traverses the ridge horizontally and enters the campsite on an alpine plateau studded with thick growth of alpine flowers.
Day 2: Lama Dugh – Riyali Thach (3400m) | 5-6 hours
The height gain on this day is approximately 1 km. The trek is through steep a ridge below Thanpri Tibba (4000m). From this point, one can have a magnificent glimpse of Manali, situated on the left bank of River Beas and the whole upper Kullu valley, which appears swathed in the different colors of the season.
Day 3: Riyali Thach – Base of Kalihani Pass (4010m) | 6-7 hours
The trail proceeds over open meadows initially followed by a steep descent to a stream. Crossing it, the path continues in a steep climb for about three Hrs.) till you arrive at the camp at the base of the Kalihani Pass. Make sure you catch the views of Deo Tibba and Indrasan peaks from the campsite.
Day 4: Base of Kalihani – Kalihani Pass (4725m) – back to Base | 7-8 hours
Today will be a long day with a steep climb to the pass crossing a stretch of scree, a moraine and the Kalihani glacier. Take time off at the pass to get a splendid 360 degree view of hanging glaciers, the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges. A steep descent will bring you back to the camp.
Day 5: Base of Kalihani Pass – Rani Sui (3400m) | 6-7 hours
The trail traces back to Riyali Thach and goes further to Rani Sui, where there is a small mountain pond.
Day 6: Rani Sui – Bogi Thach (3000m) | 3-4 hours
Today’s is an easy walk downhill to the meadow at Bogi Thach. The path winds through thick pine forests with cedar and deodar trees.
Day 7: Bogi Thach – Panaga (2300m) – Manali | 3-4 hours
Continue downhill till the village of Panaga from where a vehicle will pick you up and drop you to Manali. The trek ends here. Participants can then board the bus from Manali to Delhi/Chandigarh
Guests who would like to extend their vacation and chill or enjoy angling and other adventure activities with us are welcome to do so at minimum additional cost.
- 2 nights stay at Base Camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at our base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- porterage @INR. 600 per day in case alpine style trekkers need porter/pony
- Personal Tent (2men alpine) on Trek - INR. 1200
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- MAX. ALTITUDE: 4725m
- GRADIENT: Moderately Challenging
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at our Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
5 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are 3 main pre-requisite to taking expeditions in the mighty Himalayas: 1. You should have done at least 2 high-altitude treks in the Himalayas 2. You should be able to complete at 5 to 7 km run in about 30 mins 3. You should be able to walk with a 10-12 kg weight on your back for up to 6 hours Strength, stamina and strong mindset are key elements of an expedition
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Pick-up from Patlikuhal Bus Stand (16 Kms before Manali)
₹ 14500 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Manali, Lahaul & Spiti
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.