Buran Ghati - Barua Pass Trek
Barua Pass served similarly connecting the village of Barua with that of Pabbar valley. This trek takes you through tall standing forests, the lush green alpine meadows of Dayara and Litham thatch, a serene looking Chandranahan lake, before bringing you to the high altitude terrain of a Himalayan Pass. The Pabbar river gushes down below playing a constant music until your objective of crossing the pass comes nearer and your focus changes. The thrill of crossing any Himalayan pass is incomparable, although not difficult as compared to other passes in the Himalayas. Descending down the pass offers a good challenge in form of its steepness and hard snowy terrain. Post that, this trek again enters the greens of Monirang and then to the village of Barua.
- The lush green meadows of Dayara and Litham Thatch
- The serenity around Chandranahan lake
- The experience of crossing the Buran Pass
- The villages of Janglik and Barua
Day 1: Drive from Shimla to Janglik
Day 2: Trek to Dayara
Day 3: Trek to Litham
Day 4: Explore Chandranahan Lake
Day 5: Trek to Dunda
Day 6: Cross Barua Pass to Munirang
Day 7: Trek to Barua village. Drive to Shimla
Passes At Glance: Buran Pass ( 4540m )
Lakes At Glance: Chandranahan Lake ( 3975m )
Rivers At Glance: Pabbar River
Villages At Glance: Janglik, Barua
- Accommodation in spacious tents on trek, 2man/ 3man tents
- Sub Zero Sleeping bags
- Warm Fleece Sleeping Bag Inners For Extra Hygiene and Warmth
- All required camping gears
- Separate toilet tents for men and women
- Separate Dining and Kitchen Tents
- Full board meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well equipped support team
- All other equipment and safety gears
- High Altitude Medical Kit
- Experienced and Well Equipped English/ Hindi Speaking Trek Leader
- Expert and Knowledgeable local guide
- All forest permits and camping fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Upto 45 days from the trek start date - Full Refund
- 45th day to 31st day from the trek start date - 80% refund
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 60% refund
- 20th day to 11th day from the trek start date - 20% refund
- 10 days and later - No Refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
Yes, you will be provided with tents and sleeping bags & mattress. Our sleeping bags are high altitude category and can withstand temperatures as low as -10º C. Couples are given two person tents and groups are give three or four person tents.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.