Pin Parvati Pass Trek
The Pin Parvati pass trek is one of those treks which any trekker would want to have done in his life. Discovered for the crest to find an alternate route to Spiti in 1884 by Sir Louis Dane, this trek is not an easy one !
This trek has all the elements to make it one of the most special trek in the great Himalayas. Considered as one of the pious valleys by the locals, its regarded as Lord Shiva's ( Hindu God ) land. The hot springs of Khirganga, the lush green meadows, variety of colourful flowers, the swirling Parvati river and crossing over it multiple times over Pulley Bridge, Natural Rock Bridge ( Pandu bridge, said to be built by the Pandavas ) leads your way to the high camps of the Parvati Valley. After negotiating a difficult crevasses-laiden terrain, you stand atop the Pin Parvati Pass. It takes you higher at 5300 meters, offering great views of peaks like Parvati, Kinner Kailash, Manirang, Bara Shigri group of peaks, etc.
You will be surprised to see the Pin Valley after walking through the greens meadows of the Parvati Valley. Pin falls in Spiti and the terrain is rough, barren. The trek also comes alive with wild life of the Great Himalayan National Park. Make sure you are trekking with a experienced guide on this trail.
- The Pin Parvati pass trek is one of those treks which any trekker would want to have done in his life.
- Crossing of the Pin Parvati Pass
- Sacred peaks of Kinner Kailash and great views of other peaks, namely The Bara Shigri group of peaks, Manirang, Kinner Kailash, Srikhand Mahadev, Parvati South, etc
- The magical landscape of Spiti
Day 1 :- Drive Manikaran to Barsheni. Trek to Khirganga
Day 2 :- Khirganga to Tunda Bhuj
Day 3 :- Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kaun
Day 4 :- Thakur Kuan to Odi Thach
Day 5 :- Odi Thach to Mantalai Lake
Day 6 :- Rest Day
Day 7 :- Mantalai to Pin Parvati Base Camp ( Parvati Valley)
Day 8 :- Cross Pin Parvati Pass to Pin Parvati Base Camp ( Pin Valley)
Day 9 :- Pin Parvati Base Camp ( Pin Valley) to Wichkurung Thatch
Day 10 :- Wichkurung Thatch to Mudh. Drive to Kaza
Day 11 :- Drive from Kaza to Manali
- Accommodation in spacious tents on trek, 2man/ 3man tents
- Sub Zero Sleeping bags
- Warm Fleece Sleeping Bag Inners For Extra Hygiene and Warmth
- All required camping gears
- Separate toilet tents for men and women
- Separate Dining and Kitchen Tents
- Full board meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well equipped support team
- All other equipment and safety gears
- High Altitude Medical Kit
- Experienced and Well Equipped English/ Hindi Speaking Trek Leader
- Expert and Knowledgeable local guide
- All forest permits and camping fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Upto 45 days from the trek start date - Full Refund
- 45th day to 31st day from the trek start date - 80% refund
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 60% refund
- 20th day to 11th day from the trek start date - 20% refund
- 10 days and later - No Refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
Yes, you will be provided with tents and sleeping bags & mattress. Our sleeping bags are high altitude category and can withstand temperatures as low as -10º C. Couples are given two person tents and groups are give three or four person tents.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.