Varanasi Market Walk
Varanasi’s wide lanes and narrow alleys are alive with a wide variety of activities. The lanes are interspersed with tiny toy shops, some of which specialize in small painted, wooden toys and others are filled with local artisans’ own handicrafts. There are shops specializing in fabric and ready-made garments and bargaining is expected - most things can be purchased at extremely reasonable rates. There are sweet shops galore and a wide variety of places offering tasty and inexpensive street food. Varanasi titbits are a great add-on to a morning or afternoon visiting the markets and delicious food is only a stone’s throw away. Don’t worry, we will guide you through the colourful chaos and introduce you to the Varanasi must-see markets (as well as some lesser known ones). You will discover and understand why markets are essential to the daily life of every Banarasi and our tour will give visitors a glimpse of this vibrant part of Varanasi street life. The city is famous across India for its outstanding street food but discovering good eateries on your own is not always easy. Not to worry - that’s where we come in! We’ll help you experience all the flavors the city has to offer by guiding you through Varanasi’s best street food & drinks hot spots. Hope you’re hungry!
The tours include a knowledgeable & experienced tour guide who will meet you at your hotel or guesthouse and accompany you on foot to the various markets. These local markets could include those making wooden toys, jewellery, fabrics, ready-made garments, spices or Varanasi’s silk & sarees where you can be introduced to leading specialists in their field.
- Experince local eateries, pooja materials, religious book shops, idol shops and Benaras Silk Saree shops in the lanes of Kashi.
- Walk through narrow lanes, towards Varanasi’s most famous pilgrimage site, the Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
- Get up-close with a traditional ‘Benarasi’ saree makers.
- Expert local guide
- Additional charges for riverside hotels city hotels
- Personal Expenses
- Wear sport shoes and be comfortable when walking!
- Carry the lightest possible bag to enjoy the tours comfortably.