Satopanth Tal Trek
Uttarakhand 5 Nights/6 Days 46 people interested today
Add To Wishlist
Response time: 2 - 24 hours
The mythical lake trek route to Satopanth Tal encompasses the flavor of high altitude feature, walking on a boulder, moraine, glacier and knife-edge ridge are enthralling. Captivating peak views are hard to believe. This triangular shaped glacial lake lies above 14000 ft, hidden inside the ridge believed to be the “the road to truth” (Satya Ki Pantha). The Panch Pandavas of epic Mahabharata took this difficult trail to try to reach the heaven. At different places on the trail, the legends still live, and the names bear the resemblance of the myth. Towering Chaukhamba ridge looms over the lake along with the Neelkanth, Balakun, Parvati and other peaks. Many people believe that the Trimoortis, Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwar, take bathe in the lake in an auspicious day. Adventurous local people and Sadhus visit this lake in the monsoon for pilgrimage.
Day 1: Arrive in Badrinath and acclimatization.
- The guests can reach Badrinath on their own or we can also arrange transportation on a shared basis (should be intimated earlier)
- We cab visit Badrinath temple in the morning and post lunch, we will be taking an acclimatization walk to Mana village or Charan Paduka.
- Mana village is 3 km away from Badrinath and this is a small settlement of Tibet/Bhutia people.
- Rest for the day after the acclimatization walk.
Day 2: Trek to Laxmivan – 9 Km – 5/6 hours
- We will start the trek to Laxmivan and we follow the Alaknanda river and walk uphill following Alaknanda.
- Walking around 3 hours we reach a flattened ground called Chamtoli Bugyal and may take a break.
- From here one hour walk to reach the campsite for the day at Laxmivan.
- The total trek for today is 9 km and it takes about 6 hours and camp at the Laxmivan and end the day.
Day 3: Trek to Chakratirtha – 11 Km – 6/7 hours
- After breakfast, we will start the trek to Chakratirtha which is 11 km towards Satopanth Tal.
- Initially, it is 2km easy walk till Bandhar and has quite a few rhododendron bushes. From here the terrain changes to typical glacial moraine covered with boulders and rocks.
Day 4: Trek to Satopanth Tal – 5 Km – 4/5 hours – In the afternoon walk around the lake
- After breakfast, we start our today’s trek to Satopanth Tal, we climb on a steep section to reach the shoulder of a ridge.
- The terrain becomes rough, full of scree, moraine and debris. We continue our climb and slowly gain altitude while crossing smaller ridges hiking up and down to reach the lake.
- The shape of the lake is like a “Boomerang”, two arms spreading on the opposite sides. We camp on a suitable place around the Satopanth Tal (~4400 m/14430 ft). It may take 5 hours to cover the 5 Km distance.
- There is a small temple of Lord Shiva and Parvati is on the left arm and a small hut is constructed on the right arm, where a Sadhu resides in summer and monsoon.
Day 5: Trek from Satopanth Tal to Bandhar – 14 Km – 6/7 hours
- Wake up early in the morning to witness the magnificent sunrise and the reflection of Chaukhamba peak on Satopanth Tal.
- After breakfast, our descent starts and we trace back our trail to Bandhar, 14 Km via Chakratirtha and Shahastradhara.
- The trek will be 14 km and it might take 6-7 hours to reach the camp at Bandhar and camp for the night.
Day 6: Trek back to Badrinath – 11 Km – 6 hours
- After the breakfast, we will start the trek back to Badrinath via Laxmivan and Chatmoli.
- The total distance is 11 km and it takes about 5/6 hours to reach Badrinath.
- The night accommodation will be in the lodge and end the tour here.
- TREK FEE is Ex Badrinath including accommodation, permits, logistics and meals during the trek.
- All meals during the trek (Day 3 lunch to Day 6 lunch). Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food during the trek, breakfast packed/hot lunch (depending upon the time you reach a campsite), light snacks, dinner along with coffee/tea/soup.
- Excellent Trekking Guide, who will be a local to this particular area and has a profound knowledge of the trekking trails around.
- Specialized Cook, Support staffs, Porters for carrying the central logistics of the trek.
- Stay in tents (3 person dome or ridge-shaped tents) on sharing basis during the trek.
- Camping equipment like a Sleeping bag, Carry mattress, Gaiters, Micro spikes/Crampon. (Bring your own sleeping if you have a high altitude specific personal Sleeping Bag. This is always better for hygienic reasons.)
- Kitchen tent, dinning tent and toilet tent as required during the trek.
- All permit fee, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
- Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
- Accidental Insurance Policy covering high altitude trekking tours (For Indian nationals it is included in the TREK FEE, up to 60 years of age). It covers your trek as well as your return journey to Haridwar.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Trodly Price Guarantee!
₹ 15225 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.