Kheerganga Trek from Kasol
A short, 14 km trek, the Kheerganga trek in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most popular Kasol treks.
- Amazing views of the Himalayas from Kheerganga
- Exciting trekking & camping experience in Parvati Valley
- Cloakroom, wash and change facility at the Base Camp in Kasol
- Daily Availability: Guaranteed departure for even a single member
- Changing Facility: A free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost
Kheerganga offers trekkers magnificent waterfalls and thundering Parvati River cascading down steep hilly slopes. All this is set against the beautiful backdrop of the Himalayas. Kheerganga trek is one experience that anybody would be happy to get lost in; into the good vibes from the clean and fresh atmosphere of Mother Nature. One of the main attractions of the Kheerganga Trek apart from the scenic route and the refreshing breeze is the hot water spring near Kheerganga. At an altitude of 13,000 feet, it is said to have unique medicinal and healing properties. Soak in its warm waters and for sure, your body will come out feeling more relaxed and rejuvenated than before.
The Kheerganga trek begins from the small hill station of Kasol and then moves to the Pin Parvati Valley. Barshaini is the place from where the hike up the mountain begins. Trekkers will most definitely want to pull out their cameras and take a few snaps of the snow-clad mountains or the dreamy, starry night sky. Easy enough for beginner level trekkers, the Kheerganga Trek is recommended for any first time Himalayan traveler.
Day 1: Arrive at Kasol Base Camp- Transfer to Barsheni- Trek to Rudranag
- You will be reporting at the riverside base camp in Kasol by 10 am.
- Post which you will be transferred to the start point and start trekking to Rudranag along with your guide.
- You will come across plenty of villages and their people to click infinite pictures with.
- Take a dip in hot water spring and immerse yourself in breathtaking surreal views of the mother nature.
- As night approaches you get the panoramic view of crystal clear night sky.
- You will overnight camp in the tents and relish delicious dinner at Rudranaag near Kheerganga
Day 2: Trek to Kheerganga and back to Barsheni - Drive to Kasol
- On the second day after you wake up getting high on the sound of silence and snow-capped peaks around you.
- You may take a walk in midst of beautiful scenery with moulded colorful rocks like tents at dawn.
- Post which you will be checking out from Rudranaag Camp after breakfast.
- After your breakfast, you will again start your trek for Kheerganga where we will spend some time before heading back to Kasol Base Camp.
- Upon your arrival at the base camp by afternoon, your trip will mark its ends
How to reach Kasol?
Kasol lies about 37 kilometers before Kullu and you have to take a detour from Bhuntar. Bhuntar is a town close to Kullu right on Delhi - Manali Highway.
To reach Bhuntar you can take overnight Volvo or normal buses from ISBT Kashmiri Gate. Taking an HRTC bus is recommended. Buses are also available from Chandigarh. These buses will drop you at Bhuntar Bus Stop. From Bhuntar, you can take local buses going to Kasol or a private/shared cab.
Best time to plan for Kheerganga and Kasol travel is from April to July and then mid-September to November. Snow can be found at Kheerganga mid-December onward and trail close soon afterward. If you are planning to catch snow then December and late March are the months. Kasol is a good weekend destination with many activities and stays options. Tosh trek is another one-night two-day trek option from Kasol.
- Washroom and change facility at Kasol on arrival (shared facility)
- Facility to keep luggage while you go on trek (Locker room)
- Dinner and breakfast at Kheerganaga (Vegetarian meals)
- Service of expert guides
- Accommodation in camps at Rudranaag near Kheerganga
- Camp mattress/sleeping bags for the night
- Transfers from Kasol to Barsheni and back in public/shared transport
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are no direct buses from Delhi/Chandigarh to Kasol. You need to get down at Bhunter and take a local bus/taxi which takes 45-60 minutes to reach Kasol. Exact reporting location of Base Camp in Kasol is emailed to you and easy to reach.
44 travellers found this helpful
Kheerganga trek is not too difficult but for a beginner it is not easy also as it is 14 km long trek and last 1 kilometer is really steep uphill climb. It takes most people about 6-7 hours to reach Kheerganga from starting point of trek.
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1690 Per Person