Kheerganga Trek from Kasol
A short, 14 Kms trek, the Kheerganga trek in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most popular Kasol treks. Kheerganga offers trekkers magnificent waterfalls and thundering Parvati River cascading down steep hilly slopes. All this is set against the beautiful backdrop of the Himalayas. Kheerganga trek is one experience that anybody would be happy to get lost in; into the good vibes from clean and fresh atmosphere of Mother Nature.
Every step you take to be close to nature, it brings you peace. If solitude is what you crave for, don’t be afraid to wander, this is the hike for you, not too easy, not too tough.
Beautiful places are often hidden away in the most accessible places. Join and explore together the culture of Valley of Gods.
- Amazing views of the Himalayas from Kheerganga
- Exciting Trekking & Camping experience in Parvati Valley
- Cloakroom, Wash and Change Facility at the Base Camp at Kasol
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Daily Availability: Guaranteed departure for even a single member
- Changing Facility: Free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost
Day 1: Arrive at Kasol Base Camp - Transfer to Barsheni - Trek to Rudranag | 10 km - 4/6 Hrs
Report at the river side Base Camp in Kasol by 10am. Transfer to the start point and start trekking to Rudranag along with your guide. Plenty of villages you will come across and their people to click infinite pictures with. Take a dip in hot water spring and immerse yourself in breathtaking surreal views of the Mother Nature. As night approaches you get panoramic view of crystal clear night sky.
(Overnight accommodation in tents and dinner at Rudranaag near Kheerganga)
Day 2: Trek to Kheerganga and back to Barsheni - Drive to Kasol
Wake-up getting high on the sound of silence and snow-capped peaks around you. Walk in midst of beautiful scene with moulded colorful rocks like tents at dawn. Check out from Rudranaag Camp after breakfast. Start our trek for Kheerganga where we will spend some time before heading back to Kasol Base Camp. Reach base camp by afternoon, trip ends.
One of the main attractions of the Kheerganga Trek, apart from the scenic route and the refreshing breeze is the hot water spring near Kheerganga. At an altitude of 13,000 feet, it is said to have unique medicinal and healing properties. Soak in its warm waters and for sure, your body will come out feeling more relaxed and rejuvenated than before.
The Kheerganga trek begins from the small hill station of Kasol and then moves to the Pin Parvati Valley. Barshaini is the place from where the hike up the mountain begins. Trekkers will most definitely want to pull out their cameras and take a few snaps of the snow-clad mountains or the dreamy, starry night sky. Easy enough for beginner level trekkers, the Kheerganga Trek is recommended for any first time Himalayan traveler.
How to reach Kasol?
Kasol lies about 37 kilometers before Kullu and you have take a detour from Bhuntar. Bhuntar is a town close to Kullu right on Delhi - Manali Highway.
To reach Bhuntar you can take overnight Volvo or normal buses from ISBT Kashmiri Gate. Taking an HRTC bus is recommended. Buses are also available from Chandigarh. These buses will drop you at Bhuntar Bus Stop. From Bhuntar you can take local buses going to Kasol or a private/shared cab.
Best time to plan for Kheerganga and Kasol travel is from April to July and then mid September to November. Snow can be found at Kheerganga mid December onward and trail close soon afterwards. If you are planning to catch snow then December and late March are the months. Kasol is a good weekend destination with many activity and stay options. Tosh trek is another one night two day trek option from Kasol.
- Wash room and Change facility at Kasol on arrival (shared facility)
- Facility to keep luggage while you go on trek (Locker room)
- Dinner and Breakfast at Kheerganaga (Vegetarian meals)
- Serivce of expert Guides
- Accommodation in camps at Rudranaag near Kheerganga
- Camp Mattress/Sleeping bags for the night
- Transfers from Kasol to Barsheni and back in public/shared transport
- Lunches on the way to Kheerganga (There are of shops and tea-houses on the way).
- Porter for personal luggage
- Kids below 12 years of age are not recommended for this trek
- You guide can speak Hindi, Punjabi and basic English.
- Accommodation in tents is on double, triple, or quadruple occupancy. Couples are give double sharing. Other groups are given as per their group size.
- All local transfers will be in shared car/SUV/Tempo Traveler or bus depending on the group size
- Note: Government has restricted camping in Kheerganga as per High Court order. Accordingly Trek till Kheerganga is done and overnight camping is done little distance before Kheerganga. There are no extra charges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are no direct buses from Delhi/Chandigarh to Kasol. You need to get down at Bhunter and take a local bus/taxi which takes 45-60 minutes to reach Kasol. Exact reporting location of Base Camp in Kasol is emailed to you and easy to reach.
44 travellers found this helpful
Kheerganga trek is not too difficult but for a beginner it is not easy also as it is 14 km long trek and last 1 kilometer is really steep uphill climb. It takes most people about 6-7 hours to reach Kheerganga from starting point of trek.
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Kasol River Side Camp
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher instantly.
₹ 1690 Per Person