Bhaba Pass Trek
9 Nights/10 Days
4 to 8 people
Moderate to Challenging
NUMBER OF DAYS: 7N/8D
Day 0: Arrive Shimla
Day 1: Drive from Shimla - Kafnu (208km/7-8 Hours)
This refreshing day, you will meet at the decided place in Shimla by 7:00 AM. Hop on to a vehicle and drive to Kafnu. Enjoy the long drive that makes its way through Narkandaand Rampur. Kafnu is a charming hamlet in the Bhabha Valley, Kinnaur. Check in to the hotel there for an overnight stay, for tomorrow your trekking Bhaba Valley commences.
Day 2: Trek form Kafnu – Mulling (3,100m)
Indulge in a hearty breakfast, after which you embark upon a stunning bhabha pass trek route. Amble amidst apple orchards and an easy to follow forested part. With a trail that is moderate in nature, it would take you around 6 hours to arrive at Mullingmeadows. Once there, take in the natural beauty that abounds. During the night, you will be sleeping in tents.
Day 3: Trek from Mulling (3,100m) - Kara (3,550m)
This exciting day of the Bhaba Pass Trek, brace yourself for some fun river crossings where you will have to make way through natural bridges. Enjoy the sights of vibrant alpine blossoms. You might also get to meet some local shepherds who adorn traditional outfits. Arrive at Kara meadow after a steady climb. Once there, lap up the sights of stunning peaks that lie on the border of Kinnaur and Spiti; tonight you will be sleeping in tents.
Day 4: Trek from Kara (3,550m) - Phustirang (4,000m)
This day, start from Kara and enjoy the trek to Phustirang. Expect breath-taking sights as you make your way on the river's left bank to arrive at Phustirang. Witness the mighty Hansbeshan Peak that perches at 5,840m. Arrive at the camp ground during the earlier part of the evening and unwind. Tonight, you will be sleeping in tents.
Day 5: Trek from Phustirang (4,000m) -Bhabha Pass (4,850m) - Baldar (3,900m)
This day, you begin by ascending the path that takes you to the Bhabha Pass. Be prepared for a steep path and heavy snow. You would have to put in more strength and treading on the snowy area can take more time. Once at the top, you can feast your eyes on the great views that surrounds. Witness many mountain ranges and the famous Pin Parvati Pass.
Take a short halt and start climbing down towards the Spiti side. Post some hours; make way on the stunning landscape that is distinctive of Spiti. The terrain here is a mix of grasslands and mountains of various colours. Tonight you will be sleeping in tents.
Day 6: Trek from Baldar (3,900m) - Mudh (3,740m), Drive from Mudh - Kaza (3,800m) (2hrs)
Today, you delight in a light trek to Mudh. The terrain that surrounds you is breath-taking. Witness purple hued mountains, Pin river meandering and endless open spaces.Enjoy the charming hamlet of Mudh, post which you will be driven to Kaza. Once here, you will head to the hotel and get refreshed; overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 7: Drive from Kaza (3,800m) - Kunzum La (4,550m) (75km/2 Hours), Trek from Kunzum La - Chandratal (4,270m)
Relish in a winsome drive to Kunzum La. Make way through some hamlets and witness their indigenous culture. Once at Kunzum La, trek for around 3 hours and arrive at the campsite near Chandratal Lake. Savour the enchanting sights of turquoise waters ringed by high mountains. Enjoy the evening unravelling the surroundings; overnight stay will be in tents.
Day 8: Chandratal (4,270m) – Manali (2,000m) (Trek & 6-7 Hours’ Drive)
This day, the road situation will be gauged and based on that, you might trek for half an hour or 3 hours to get to the road head. Once there, hop on to the vehicles and be driven to Manali via through the well-known Rohtang Pass. This marks the end of your Bhabha Pass Trek.
**Guests who are travelling the next day are welcome to stay the night at no extra cost. Relax at the base camp or go angling (some nice spots near our base) the next day, before we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
- 2 nights stay at ‘dA Base’ located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at Mountaineerz base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- porterage @INR. 300 per day in case alpine style trekkers need porter/pony
- MAX. ALTITUDE: 5020m
- HIGH PASSES: Rohtang Pass, Kunzum La and Bhawa Pass
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at Mountaineerz Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
Adventure Gear List:
Woollen cap and woollen gloves, thermal under-garments, warm sweater, woollen trousers / thick track pants for trekking, woollen socks, rain gear (jacket, trousers/ parkha), warm jacket, torch, full sleeves t – shirts, sun block lotion, chap-stick (lip salve), good hiking (preferably waterproof) shoes with ankle support, gaiters, camera, films, battery backup etc. one duffel bag for personal items (sky bags etc. will not be accepted to be carried by horse– not more than 10 kg strictly), one knapsack for item of daily use (to be carried by you), personal medicine
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
7 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
3 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
3 travellers found this helpful
Reporting/Start Point:Pick-up from Patlikuhal Bus Stand
₹ 27000 Per Person