- A must needed acclimatization day to make our further journey smooth. We will go for an acclimatization walk till Chandrataal Lake.
- You will be staying overnight at the campsite, Batal
- Moulkila and Chandrabhaga mountain ranges with peaks snow caps and snow slopes around the valley measures from 3000 m to 6500 m approximately. Locals there believe that it is this point from where Yudhishtra (Eldest among Pandava of Mahabharata epic) was taken to heaven in his mortal form. It's a very luring place. Overnight stay in tents.
Mt. CB14 (6150 m) Expedition (2020)
A trekking expedition to Mount Chandrabhaga 13 and 14, come experience 17 days of hardcore trekking in the misty and snow clad environs to conquer one of the most popular summits in the world.
- Region: Spiti
- Altitude: CB 13 – 6264m/20544 feet, CB-14 – 6150m/20177 feet
- Difficulty: Technical and Challenging
- Style: Traditional Climbing
- Best time: July - October
- Duration: 16 Nights / 17 Days
Mt Chandra Bhaga 13 (CB13) and Mt Chandrabhaga 14 (CB14), located centrally in the Lahaul Massif both the peaks offer a magnificent view of Kunzum Range, Chandrataal Lake, and the Dhaka Glacier. With the unexplored and inaccessible valleys of the Chandrabhaga Range and the calmness of Chadrataal lake, the CB 13 and CB 14 are one of the most attractive climbing peaks. With prior experience of a non-technical peak climbing and sound knowledge of mountaineering, one can prepare himself to climb the twin summits.
Day 1: Arrive in Manali - drive to 'dA Base’, Haripur
- You will be received by your hosts on your arrival in Manali then drive to ‘dA Base’, your base in Haripur. Unwind after the long drive.
- You will be checking in at our base for the rest of the day. Unwind and take in the environs. Acclimatize to the environs. Go through your checklist and finish off last minute essential shopping (from Manali) for the trek. Though, it is advisable to trek light with special import on the clothing and gear.
- In the evening you'll get together for “around the bonfire” conference with the other climbers and your hosts who would be your guides on the expedition. Break the ice with some great dinner and chill with your fellow climbers.
- Make sure you drill your guides and instructors with any questions or doubts you may have pertaining to the trek. They will be happy to answer your questions and share with you a few tricks of the trade and tips to make your adventure a happy and successful one.
Day 2: Medical checkup and Acclimatization hike
- Today you'll go out in a short hike and explore the beautiful village of Soil. Later, check your gear with the guides and make sure that you offload any extra weight. Your guide will help you decide what is not required.
Day 3: Strenuous acclimatization hike
- Today you'll stretch yourselves a bit and go on a 6-hour hike with a full load (20-25 kg). We encourage that you interact with your fellow climbers and update yourself and get all queries answered.
Day 4: Manali to Batal (6-hour drive)
- You will leave Manali early this morning and drive to Batal (14,100 feet) by road, arriving late afternoon.
- A long journey, of around 6-8 hours, but the enchanting views of the Spiti valley make it all worth it.
- You will be staying overnight at the campsite in Batal
Day 5: Acclimatization - visit the Chandrataal lake
Day 6: Acclimatization and rest at Batal (3800 m)
- On day 6, you will be following the same routine as day 5.
Day 7: Batal - Base camp (4500 m)
- After breakfast, you will be trekking for about 5 km to the Base Camp.
- You will reach the Base Camp and set up camp.
- After an evening tea, you will go for an acclimatization walk. You will be staying overnight in tents.
Day 08: Base Camp - Practice snow craft
- Today you will trek to Dhaka Glacier for some ascending and descending practice on snow and ice with Crampons, Climbing boots and also self-arrest, rope up climbing, fix rope climbing and then return back to base camp.
- You will be staying overnight stay in tents.
Day 9: Base Camp - Acclimatization load ferry to Camp 1
- Today you will start load ferry to camp 1.
Day 10: Base camp - Load ferry and shift to Camp 1 (5500 m)
- On the tenth day, just like the 9th day you will be ascending to Camp 1 and set up the camp and in the evening you go for route race and acclimatization walk.
- You will have an early dinner and have a good night's sleep and be staying overnight in tents.
Day 11: Base camp - Load ferry and shift to Camp 1 (5500 m)
Day 12: Camp 1 to Camp 2 (5500 m)
- On the eleventh day, you will begin your journey from Camp 1 to Camp 2.
- You will be staying overnight at Camp 2.
Day 13: Camp 2 - CB 14 (6150 m) - Base Camp
- Early morning at around 2:00 am you start climbing. For the first few meters you have to climb on Moraine and after that, you have to follow the ridge for the summit.
- After the summit, you descend safely to Camp 1 and then descend to Base Camp.
- You will be staying overnight in tents.
Day 14: Base Camp - Batal
- Relax the day at Base Camp and after a late breakfast trek to Batal where we camp the night. You will be staying overnight in tents.
Day 15: Batal - Manali
- The expedition comes to an end. And you will be celebrating in Traditional Himachali Style with an awesome celebratory meal. Later arrangements will be made to drop participants to the bus stop.
Day 16: Reserve Day
Guests who would like to extend their vacation and chill or enjoy angling and other adventure activities with us are welcome to do so at minimum additional cost.
- Stay at the base camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during the trek
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are 3 main pre-requisite to taking expeditions in the mighty Himalayas: 1. You should have done at least 2 high-altitude treks in the Himalayas 2. You should be able to complete at 5 to 7 km run in about 30 mins 3. You should be able to walk with a 10-12 kg weight on your back for up to 6 hours Strength, stamina and strong mindset are key elements of an expedition
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 53000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.