Sar Pass Trek 2020
Sar Pass is nestled in the Pir Panjal mountain range in the western Himalaya. It is considered to be one of the most popular trekking trails in the Parvati valley of the Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh.
In the local dialect, Sar means “lake”. Sar valley is lush green and is surrounded by high rising mountains, streams and water falls. Sar valley overlooks the Parvati valley.
Generally, trekkers start the trek to Sar Pass from Kasol in Parvati valley. Kasol is also known as the “mini Amsterdam” of India J. AS Kasol lies in a closed valley, the temperature here tends to soar during clear sunny day, however, the cool breeze from River Parvati, cools the environs.
As an unbiased trekker, I feel one should be well informed about the trek one plans to undertake. Although this is a popular hippie trail, however, it is pretty congested with trekkers and some fixed campsites which may not be what every trekker is looking for.
Day 01: Arrive in Kasol
The participants will de-board the Bus at ‘Kasol’ Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our Base in Kasol. Unwind and freshen up. After breakfast explore Kasol. Return back at base to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day 02: Route: Manikaran – Sheela Village - Jirmi, Time Taken: 7 – 8hrs
After a healthy breakfast and a drill-down session with the team, we will depart for Sheela village near Manikaran Sahib by vehicles. The drive takes about 2 hrs meandering through the Parvati valley and running parallel to river Parvati.
We will commence our trek from Sheela village near Manikaran Sahib, which is just 2 km from Kasol and is a place held in great reverence by the Hindu and Sikh community alike.
The trail to the first camp at Jirmi meanders through the high mountain range and lush green vast meadows. A leisurely trek for about 7 to 8 hrs will end at Jirmi. Pitch your tents here for the night. After some dinner around a bonfire, turn in for the night.
Day 03: Route: Jirmi – Tila Lotni, Time Taken: 5 – 6 hrs
Open your eyes to a glorious sunrise with heart-warming and high energy breakfast. The ascent from Jirmi to Tila Lotni is a bit steep, however easy manageable at a slow pace. It will take us about 5 – 6 hrs to negotiate the distance to our second campsite at Tila Lotni. This campsite is the last one before we reach Sar Pass. Further up is Tila lotni, which is the last camp before reaching Sar pass.
We will pitch our tents here for the night, before embarking on our trek to the beautiful Sar Pass the next day.
Day 04: Route: Tila Lotni – Sar Pass - Bihali, Time Taken: 7 – 8 hrs
Have your breakfast and stretch your muscles for the trek in the snow ahead. J The trekking trail from Tila Lotni to Sar Pass is amazingly beautiful and an experience to remember as one treads through snow.
It is advisable to have a trekking/walking stick will passing through the pass in order to maintain balance. Start the descent down from Sar Pass to Bihali and we camp there for the night.
Day 05: Route: Bihali – Bhandik Thatch, Time Taken: 7 – 8 hrs
Start the descent down to Bhandik Thatch amidst vast green meadows. The trail is fairly easy to trek on. Take in the beautiful environs of the Parvati valley and Sar pass behind you as you make your way to Bhandik.
The campsite at Bhandik is one of the most beautiful spots in the Parvati valley. We camp there for the night before trekking down to Barshaini the next day.
Day 06: Route: Bhandik Thatch - Barshaini, Time Taken: 4 – 5 hrs
The trek down to Barshaini from Bhandik Thatch is a fairly easy and a short one. After a leisurely breakfast, trek down to Barshaini. The trek ends in Barshaini. The guests who want to enjoy Kasol can drive down to mini Amsterdam and all are welcome to extend their stay at the basecamp
Celebrate the end of a great adventure. We part our ways here, only to meet for our next adventure.
- 2 nights stay at the basecamp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.