Heritage Photowalk Around Victoria Memorial
Ever since the British cleared a village to create their firing range for the new fort, the Maidan has served as the lungs of the city and played host to many an important monument. Among the most prominent is what was created as a memorial to Queen Victoria, the Empress of India, and a reminder to the achievements of the British rule and its most important proponents. Join to explore and demystify this beautiful monument and soak in the locality surrounding this temple to Toria Mai - Victoria, the Mother.
The first hour will be spent understanding the following:
Meaning and types of photography
Types of cameras and lenses
The technical factors such as:
-Exposure (shutter speed, ISO, aperture)
-Depth of field
-Rules of composition
Practical: The next 90 minutes will be spent going around the place trying to shoot, thereby putting into practice the discussion bits.
Review: The last half an hour will be utilized for looking at your photographs and critiquing, discussing things that work/do not work, problems faced and how to overcome them, etc. They help you choose a long-term project that you could do based on your interests. They'll be happy to review your photos over the internet in future.
Why should you take this tour?
Creativity comes best in groups; immerse yourself in an exercise that will forge bonds forever as you strive to make your photo stories together.
Who is this suited for?
Who is conducting the tour?
This photography tour will be conducted by National Tourism Award Winning Photographer Mr. Kamila, who has a deep understanding of photography, and will share his technical knowledge to help you click better pictures.
- Camera or lenses
- Additional snacks or beverages or mineral water ordered by the participants during the tour.
- Any other expenses not expressly mentioned in the “Inclusions” section.
- Age limit to buy a ticket: 12 years and above.
- Cancellation Policy: The package price will be deducted as per the following conditions strictly. No refund will be entertained without receiving a cancellation request effective from the date of receipt of letter.
- Notice of less than 10 days: half fee refund.
- Notice of less than 7 days: no refund.
- Internet handling fee per ticket may be levied. Please check your total amount before payment.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 20 minutes prior at the venue to pick up your physical tickets.
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Victoria Memorial, Queens Way, Kolkata, West Bengal, India