Indrahar Pass Trek
The Indrahar Pass Trek in Himachal Pradesh begins from McLeod Ganj near Dharamshala and takes four days.
- Breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar & Pir Panjal mountain ranges.
- Clear views of peaks like Moon Peak and Arthur’s Seat.
- Compnay of experineced mountain guides.
Located at 4342 metres/14,245 ft, the Indrahar Pass is situated in one of Himalaya’s most famous mountain ranges- the Dhauladhar Mountain Range. The Indrahar Pass is located in a unique geological region, a major thrust zone of the Indian tectonic plates, i.e. where the pressure of the Indian tectonic plate pushing against the neighbouring Eurasian tectonic plate, is the strongest.
Narrow streams which ultimately join up with the Beas and Ravi Rivers run throughout the Indrahar Pass trekking route. The rich, opulent Kangra and Chamba Valleys also spread out far on either side of the route. The Indrahar Pass Trek offers climbers a rigorous ascent up the Dhauladhar Mountains. With slightly rocky terrain, steep ridges and wide chasms interspersed here and there with flat, plain land, the Indrahar Pass Trek is best suited for trekkers with some trekking experience. The dark, cool Lahesh caves en route to the Indrahar Pass are also worth a visit.
The Indrahar Pass trek is best carried out in the months of May to June and September to October when the weather is not affected by the annual monsoon showers.
Day 1: Report at Base Camp, Mcleodganj - Trek from Mcleodganj to Triund (8 km | 5-6 Hours | 2975 Meters)
- You will be reporting at our base camp in Mcleodganj by 10:00 am and after freshening up and change, we start our trek towards Triund.
- After initial 2 kilometres of the little steep hike, it is a gradual incline all the way to Triund.
- The Flat meadows of Triund offer exceptional views of Kangra valley and Dhauladhar mountain range.
- Upon your arrival in Triund you will be staying overnight in tents at Triund.
Day 2: Triund to Laka Got (7 km Trek | 6-7 Hours | 3700 Meters)
- On the second day after breakfast you start from Triund camp to reach Laka Got, a temporary shelter next to the Laka Glacier.
- During summers also some snow and ice remain present here.
- Tonight you will be camping at Laka Got.
Day 3: Laka Got – Indrahar Pass – Laka Got (12 km Trek | 8-9 Hours | 4342 Meters)
- On the third day you will be starting early in the morning today and depending on the month you may find some snow on the trail today.
- From Laka Glacier, it takes 3-4 hours to reach Indrahar Pass.
- Views from the Indrahar Pass are amazing and whole Pir Panjal range can be seen.
- After spending some time at the pass and having your lunch here, you will be heading back to Laka Got for the night for an overnight camp.
Day 4: Laka Got - Mcleodganj (15 km Trek | 6-7 Hours)
- On the final day, you will be heading back following the same route you used while coming but if there is no snow then we may use a different route which goes directly to Triund.
- From Triund you will be descending down to Bhagsu Nag and further to Mcleodganj and reach our base camp at Mcleodganj by evening 4-5 pm.
- Orientation and training
- All meals, tea & snacks during the expedition
- Stay on twin/triple sharing basis in tents
- Sleeping bags & sleeping mats
- Experienced & professional guides
- Forest entry and permits
- Certification on completion.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The reporting location of the trek - McLeodganj Base Camp is about 1 km walking distance from McLeodganj Bus Stand. Exact reporting address and local contact details are sent automatically in email/SMS once booking is done.
62 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5875 Per Person