Indrahar Pass Trek
The Indrahar Pass Trek in Himachal Pradesh begins from McLeod Ganj near Dharamshala and takes four days.
Located at 4342 metres/14,245 ft, the Indrahar Pass is situated in one of Himalaya’s most famous mountain ranges- the Dhauladhar Mountain Range. The Indrahar Pass is located in a unique geological region, a major thrust zone of the Indian tectonic plates, i.e. where the pressure of the Indian tectonic plate pushing against the neighbouring Eurasian tectonic plate, is the strongest.
Narrow streams which ultimately join up with the Beas and Ravi Rivers run throughout the Indrahar Pass trekking route. The rich, opulent Kangra and Chamba Valleys also spread out far on either side of the route. The Indrahar Pass Trek offers climbers a rigorous ascent up the Dhauladhar Mountains. With slightly rocky terrain, steep ridges and wide chasms interspersed here and there with flat, plain land, the Indrahar Pass Trek is best suited for trekkers with some trekking experience. The dark, cool Lahesh caves en route to the Indrahar Pass are also worth a visit.
The Indrahar Pass trek is best carried out in the months of May to June and September to October when the weather is not affected by the annual monsoon showers.
- Breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar & Pir Panjal mountain ranges
- Clear views of peaks like Moon Peak and Arthur’s Seat
Day 1: Report at Base Camp, Mcleodganj - Trek from Mcleodganj to Triund (8 Km | 5-6 Hours | 2975 Meters)
Report at our base camp in Mcleodganj by 10:00 am and after freshening up and change, we start our trek towards Triund. After initial 2 kilometres of the little steep hike, it is a gradual incline all the way to Triund. The Flat meadows of Triund offer exceptional views of Kangra valley and Dhauladhar mountain range. Overnight stay in tents at Triund.
Day 2: Triund to Laka Got (7 Km Trek | 6-7 Hours | 3700 Meters)
Today after breakfast we start from Triund camp to reach Laka Got, a temporary shelter next to the Laka Glacier. During summers also some snow and ice remain present here. Tonight we camp at Laka Got.
Day 3: Laka Got – Indrahar Pass – Laka Got (12 Km Trek | 8-9 Hours | 4342 Meters)
We start early in the morning today and depending on the month we may find some snow on the trail today. From Laka Glacier, it takes 3-4 hours to reach Indrahar Pass. Views from the Indrahar Pass are amazing and whole Pir Panjal range can be seen. After spending some time at the pass and having our lunch here, we head back to Laka Got for the night.
Day 4: Laka Got - Mcleodganj (15 Km Trek | 6-7 Hours)
On the final day, we head back following the same route we used while coming but if there is no snow then we may use a different route which goes directly to Triund. From Triund we descend down to Bhagsu Nag and further to Mcleodganj and reach our base camp at Mcleodganj by evening 4-5 pm.
- Orientation and Training
- All meals, tea & snacks during the expedition
- Stay on Twin/Triple sharing basis in Tents
- Sleeping Bags & Sleeping Mats
- Experienced & Professional Guides
- Forest Entry and Permits
- Certification on Completion.
- Any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Any travel insurance and expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, land slides, political unrest.
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- Do remember to take a good Rain Coat with you during the rainy season
- Kids below 16 years of age are not allowed for this trek
- You guide can speak Hindi, Punjabi and basic English.
- Accommodation in tents is on double, triple, or quadruple occupancy. Couples are give double sharing. Other groups are given as per their group size.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The reporting location of the trek - McLeodganj Base Camp is about 1 km walking distance from McLeodganj Bus Stand. Exact reporting address and local contact details are sent automatically in email/SMS once booking is done.
59 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Mcleodganj Base Camp
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher instantly.
₹ 5875 Per Person