Indrahar Pass Trek
A two in one trekking experience which will take you to both Triund and Indrahar Pass in a duration of 4 days. Come take on two of the most famous treks in India.
Highlights of Indrahar Trek
- Conquer heights of about 4340 metres, while you trek in the majestic environs.
- Off-beat trekking experience.
- Fixed Departures: Guaranteed departure for even a single member in the available dates.
- Trek to attractions like Galu Devta Temple and Lahesh Caves.
- Camping experience inside the Lahesh Caves.
For any specific queries, click on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
Detailed overview of Indrahar Trek
Located at 4342 metres/14,245 ft, the Indrahar Pass is situated in one of Himalaya’s most famous mountain ranges- the Dhauladhar Mountain Range. The Indrahar Pass is located in a unique geological region, a major thrust zone of the Indian tectonic plates, i.e. where the pressure of the Indian tectonic plate pushing against the neighbouring Eurasian tectonic plate, is the strongest.
A mountain pass in the Dhauladhar ranges of the Himalayas at an altitude of 4,342 meters the Indrahar Pass is located near the tourist town of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. Indrahar Pass is an essential part of the popular trekking route from Dharamshala. Laying across the Dhauladhar ranges the Indrahar Pass brings the endless fascinating ranges of high, rocky ridges; and relative proximity to the plains of the Himalayas. The ridges over the Dhaula Dhar do not lend themselves to easy trekking. This trek over the Indrahar pass is no exception, even though it follows one of the most established trails used by the Gaddi shepherds en-route to their summer grazing pastures in the upper Ravi Valley and Lahaul. The Indrahar Pass trek is best carried out in the months of May to June and September to October when the weather is not affected by the annual monsoon showers.
Itinerary of Indrahar Trek
Day 1: Arrive at Mcleodganj- Trek to Triund via Galu Devta Temple
- You will have to reach on your own at Mcleodganj base camp by 10:00 am where you will meet your hosts and be briefed about the trek and its key details.
- Begin the trek from the village of either Bhagsunag or Dharamkot, both of which are near the hill town of McLeodganj. The path leads above the villages first to a temple, dedicated to Galu Devta – a local deity – and then it starts climbing.
- Hike uphill through pristine forests of deodar trees, and see the mighty and almost-vertical mountains of the Dhauladhar Range.
- Beyond the shrine, the trail rises rapidly and the hike becomes challenging and adventurous. Keep walking through forests of oak and rhododendron bushes on a ridge that is perpendicular to Triund – another ridge.
- You will pass the latter landform and reach a grassy meadow to set up camps for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Trek from Triund to Laka Got
- On Day 2, wake up and have a nice warm breakfast, and begin your short ascent from Triund and traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got – a temporary shepherd camp.
- Laka Got is situated at the snout of a small glacier, which is full of snow and ice in early summer and the snow melts away during the monsoon. So you will also have some activities on snow.
- You will be staying overnight in the camp at Laka Got.
Day 3: Trek from Laka Got to Indrahar Pass
- On the third day, start early in the morning as the weather might get worse in the afternoon.
- In the early summer (April to May) the trail is full of snow and ice and it requires good equipment to trek on.
- During post-monsoon (September to November) there is no snow or ice and there is a narrow trail going up to the pass.
- It takes about three to four hours to reach the pass and another three hours to come down. From the pass entire Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sight to behold.
- After spending some time at the serene Indrahar Pass you will be returning back to Laka Got for the night stay.
Day 4: Trek from Laka Got ‐ Mcleodganj
- On the 4th day, follow the same route to get back to Mcleodganj via Triund, although there might be alterations in the route depending on the snow.
- If there is less snow then you will follow the same route which goes from Triund going over a grassy meadow and descends down to Mcleodganj.
- During the evening, you all will board your respective buses to head on to the onward destination.
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Meals as per menu on the trek i.e Packed Lunch on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 4
- Packed Lunch/ Dinner: 2 Veg Dishes, Chapati and Rice
- Breakfast: Aloo Puri/ Bread and Omelette/ Paratha
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Stay in Camps/Homestay/Dome Tents on a twin or triple sharing basis
- Sleeping bags & sleeping mats.
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- First Aid
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
No, you do not need to buy any advanced snow shoes for this trek. All you require are a good pair of trekking shoes. You can opt for water resistant trekking shoes. Do carry along sufficient number of spare socks. Woolen socks are optional though.
Reporting location for the trek is the Base camp situated on Dharamkot road in Mcleod Ganj. Volvo buses will drop you at Mcleodganj bus stand OR Dharamshala Bypass (in peak season traffic). Once you get down there at the bus stop, local buses OR taxis are available frequently which can be used to reach the basecamp (exact address is shared in the booking voucher after the booking is made).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4600 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.