Trek to Kunjargad (Kombad Killa)
Kunjargad is a remote fort located in Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra, India. It is located in the Harishchandragad range. The fort top is 1400 meter above MSL. The fort is named as Kunjargad due to its shape is like a large elephant. In Sanskrit, Kunjar means elephant. The fort is also locally called as Kombad killa.The fort is accessible from north from Vihir village. Vihir village is located in Mula river basin. The climb is steep and takes about 2.5 Hrs, for average climber. The fort is also accessible from another village, Phopsandi located in the hills south of the fort, in Mandvi river basin.
Day 1: Saturday, 3rd Dec 16
- 10.50 pm – Take kasara train from CST
Day 2: Sunday, 4th Dec 16
- 01.18 am: Meeting point Kasara stn.
- 05.30 am : Reach Kothale (base village)
- 06.00am : Start trek after Introduction
- 11.15 am: Reach Kunjargad fort top
- 12.00 pm:. Explore around. Relax. Have lunch
- 02.00 pm: Start the descend
- 05.00 pm: Reach the Base Village; Evening Refreshments
- 05.30 pm: Move towards Kasara station
- 08.30 pm: Reach Kasara Stn., move towards Mumbai
- Transport from kasara station and back
- Breakfast, Evening Refreshments
- TMI Expertise Charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that