Trek to Kunjargad (Kombad Killa)
Kunjargad is a remote fort located in Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra, India. It is located in the Harishchandragad range. The fort top is 1400 meter above MSL. The fort is named as Kunjargad due to its shape is like a large elephant. In Sanskrit, Kunjar means elephant. The fort is also locally called as Kombad killa.The fort is accessible from north from Vihir village. Vihir village is located in Mula river basin. The climb is steep and takes about 2.5 Hrs, for average climber. The fort is also accessible from another village, Phopsandi located in the hills south of the fort, in Mandvi river basin.
Day 1: Saturday, 3rd Dec 16
- 10.50 pm – Take kasara train from CST
Day 2: Sunday, 4th Dec 16
- 01.18 am: Meeting point Kasara stn.
- 05.30 am : Reach Kothale (base village)
- 06.00am : Start trek after Introduction
- 11.15 am: Reach Kunjargad fort top
- 12.00 pm:. Explore around. Relax. Have lunch
- 02.00 pm: Start the descend
- 05.00 pm: Reach the Base Village; Evening Refreshments
- 05.30 pm: Move towards Kasara station
- 08.30 pm: Reach Kasara Stn., move towards Mumbai
- Transport from kasara station and back
- Breakfast, Evening Refreshments
- TMI Expertise Charges.
- Identity proof (must)
- A good trekking shoes
- A bottle of water (atleast 2 Ltrs),
- Lunch .
- Extra Pair of clothes and Socks
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Sunscreen Lotion, Cap, Skarf, Camera, Electral etc
- Personal Care and Medicine those if u require usually
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Last Kasara Local (Mumbai Local Railway) - Kasara Station