Trek to Sandhan Valley and Karoli Ghat
Sandhan Valley, situated in the western ghats of Sahyadris, is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardhara region near Samrad village (3000ft Approx), is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is a combination of a canyon and a valley. Located in the Nagar district, near the famous fort Ratangad, Sandhan valley is undoubtedly The Valley of Suspense. Walking through the narrow streak of valley with 300 ft rock walls on both the sides is a lifetime experience. Descending full Sandhan valley is always a memorable outing and the overnight stay under the sparkling sky, is a sweet cherry on the cake!!
Karoli ghat is a route from Samrad Village near Ratangad to Dehne Village(Dolkhamb, Shahapur)
- Type: Hill Fort
- Grade: Medium
- Base Village: Samrad
Day 0: Friday
We leave by Last Kasara Local.
Time Table -
10:50 pm: CST
10:57 pm: Byculla
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:13 pm: Kurla
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:34 pm: Thane
11:57 pm: Dombivali
12:07 am: Kalyan
01:18 am: Kasara
It is advised to board the second last compartment of the train from your respective stations so that we can meet in the compartment itself.
Day 1: Saturday
- Early Morning, Reach Samrad by Private vehicle
- Introductions and start trekking.
- Getting wet in next 15 mins is compulsory. So dress accordingly.
- Lunch Midway
- 05:30 pm – Reach at base, dinner, campfire, open air stay.
Day 2: Sunday
- Wake-up call at 6:00 AM.
- Breakfast and proceed towards Samrad village via Karoli ghat trek.
- Karoli Ghat trek.
- Reach Samrad village 14:00 and have lunch and proceed to Kasara
- Reach Mumbai Late In The Evening.
- Traveling From Kasara To Kasara
- Pack Breakfast and Dinner on day 1
- Breakfast and Lunch on day 2
- Rappelling Charges
- Equipment and Expertise.
- Identity proof (must)
- A bottle of water (atleast 2 Ltrs),
- Lunch for Saturday.
- Plates , Glass and Spoon
- Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
- Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
- Sunscreen Lotion, Cap, Skarf
- Medicine those if u require usually
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Kasara Railway Station