Prashar Lake Trek
Prashar Lake trek is a perfect weekend trek that is one of a kind experience. Embark on this journey and you will be blessed with the peace, calm and the serenity of this beautiful spot.
Prashar Lake Trek Highlights:
- 9 Kms of easy to moderate trek through the Alpine forest
- Camping near the pristine Prashar Lake
- 360 panoramic view of the mighty Himalayas
- Daily Departures: Available on daily basis for online booking. Hassle free and easy
- Low Batch Requirement: Bookable for even 1 member. Small group size
Prashar Lake Trek Overview
Located in Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 2730 meters Prashar is known for the holy Prashar Lake, Green meadows, dense forest and the Panoramic view of snow clad mountain ranges of Dhauladhar, Pir Pinjal and Kinnaur.
There are two trek routes to Prashar Lake, one starts from Baggi and the other from Panarsa. The Panarsa route being the more scenic of the two trails. Prashar Lake trek is a year round trek. During winter months of December to mid March you will find the lake frozen with snow around it, making the whole scene quite picturesque. This is the best time to do Prashar lake trek if you enjoy snow. Rest of the year the lake and temple are surrounded by lush green meadows.
Prashar Lake has a perimeter of about 300 meters is decorated by a floating island in it. Crystal clear waters of the lake add to the charm of this beautiful place. A 14th Century pagoda style temple dedicated to the Rishi Parashar stands next to the lake. It is believed that temple was constructed by the king Ban Sen from single deodar tree and it took 12 years to complete the construction.
A walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surrounding. A visit to Prashar is a perfect blend of a spiritual journey and exploring the serene Himalayan Ranges.
Distance from Mandi to Parsahar is about 60 kilometers. Prashar lake trek is a great weekend trip destination option from Delhi NCR and Chandigarh.
Prashar Lake Trek Itinerary
- On the first day, you will be arriving in Panarsa via Volvo bus (no cab/auto needed to reach reporting location). All buses going to Kullu/Manali go via Panarsa only.
- Post which you may check-in into our home stay.
- You may have your breakfast and then the group travels to Jwalapur village in shared cabs (25 km). Jwalapur is the starting point of the trek.
- Upon your arrival in Jwalapur, you will start your trek to Prashar Lake (9 km trek) with the experienced trek guide. Each participant will be given packed lunch for the trek.
- When you reach Prashar Lake you may enjoy photography and witness the sunset at Prashar Lake.
- Post which you may enjoy evening snacks at the camp site in the and hot dinner will be served.
- You will enjoy an overnight camping experience at beautiful Parashar Lake campsite.
- On the second day, rise up early if you wish to watch mesmerizing sunrise at Prashar Lake and a brilliant panoramic view of the mighty Himalayas.
- After you relish the warm breakfast, you'll be trekking back to Jwalapur village (9 km).
- Post which you will travel to Panarsa in a shared cab (25 Km) and enjoy lunch upon reaching Panarsa.
- Upon your arrival in Panarsa, you may enjoy photography and walk along the riverside.
- Later in the evening you may collect your luggage from the locker room and depart to Delhi, Volvo arrives at around 7pm.
- All Veg meals - from breakfast on Day 1 to lunch on Day 2
- Washroom and locker-room facility on Day 1 & Day 2
- Shared cabs from Panarsa to Jwalapur and back to Panarsa
- Stay at Prashar Lake (camping/homestay/guesthouse)
- Trekking gear (walking sticks + poncho + snow gaiters)
- Camping equipements (tent + sleeping bag + sleeping mats + lights)
- Service of experienced guide and helping staff
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
All Volvo buses from Delhi/Chandigarh going towards Kullu/Manali go via Panarsa. You can get down at Panarsa Bus Stop and homestay/base camp is a short walking distance.
64 travellers found this helpful
You can book your return bus from Kullu/Bhuntar and board the bus from Panarsa itself. Our team would help you in boarding your particular bus. After the trek on Day 2 you can wait at the our homestay or near the river till the Volvo arrives.
54 travellers found this helpful
This route offer great open views during the trek from Jwalapur side. Most part of the trek is along a stream as well.
49 travellers found this helpful
If your plan is to go Manali after the Prashar Lake trek, you just have to travel 60 kms. If your plan is to go Kasol, you are just 40 km away. Panarsa is just 60 KMs from Mandi and 20 Kms before Kullu.
49 travellers found this helpful
Sure you can if you have an extra day or we come back from trek by late afternoon. Kullu is just over 20 KMs away and our team would help you plan it once you are here.
53 travellers found this helpful
Yes, many operators offer trek route from Baggi but our trek starts from Panarasa of following reasons: 1. Convenience in reaching reporting point - Volvo drops you at Panarsa 2. The route is more scenic and less crowded 3. Homestay in Panarsa where you use washroom and locker room facility for keeping any extra luggage for the trek
6 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2350 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.