Shivanasamudra, Talakadu & Somanathapura Day Tour from Bangalore
See the picturesque beauty of majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls, appreciate the purity and architectural beauty of Channakesava temple at Somanathpura and the serenity at mystical Talakadu temples in this perfect Day tour from Bangalore.
- See the majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls - the second biggest waterfall in India
- Explore the history and classical architecture of Chennakesava Temple at Somnathpura.
- Get to know the mystery of ‘Curse of Talakadu’ and appreciate the exquisiteness of the ancient temple.
Connect with us Live by clicking on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
Shivasamudra waterfalls are the second biggest waterfall in India and a sight to watch. The Shivanasamudra Falls are actually twin falls Gaganachukki and Bharachukki, one km away from each other.
Talakadu also was known as the ‘city of lost temples' is a small deserted hamlet on the banks of Kaveri River. Talakadu once had over 30 temples, most of which & the old Talkadu town now lay buried in the sand. There are now 5 temples at Talkadu that have been unearthed, Vaidyanatheshwara temple is the most famous of them.
Visit Somnathpur, home to the 13th century Hoysala Chennakesava Temple, also known as a Keshava Temple. The temple is built on a star-shaped platform and has three carved pinnacles and shrines. The temple is dedicated to Lord Janardhana, Venugopala, and Kesava.
Somnathpur is a great place for sandalwood oil, incense sticks, and other handicrafts. There are many local artisans that are involved in the production of teak, rosewood and sandalwood carvings. Somnathpur is also renowned for Mysore style painting of Indian Gods.
- The tour starts with your pick up from hotel or residence at the requested time slot.
- You will be driven to Somanathpura which is approximately 3 hours drive from Bangalore.
- After reaching, visit Chennakesava Temple, which is one of the finest Hoysala architecture and soak in the history related to it.
- You can stop for lunch in a local restaurant and later, you can proceed to take a drive to Talakadu and explore the mysterious town and its ancient temples
- Next stop would be Shivasamudra waterfalls, is situated on the banks of the river Kaveri
- Head back to Bangalore, and the driver will drop you at the starting point to end the tour
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Driver and fuel charges
- Pickup and drop-off from Bangalore Hotel or Residence
- Toll and parking charges (if applicable)
- Tour as per the itinerary
- 12 hours of usage (Extra hourly charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4990 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.