Shivanasamudra, Talakadu & Somanathapura Day Tour from Bangalore
See the picturesque beauty of majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls, appreciate the purity and architectural beauty of Channakesava temple at Somanathpura and the serenity at mystical Talakadu temples in this perfect Day tour from Bangalore.
- See the majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls - the second biggest waterfall in India
- Explore the history and classical architecture of Chennakesava Temple at Somnathpura.
- Get to know the mystery of ‘Curse of Talakadu’ and appreciate the exquisiteness of the ancient temple.
Shivasamudra waterfalls are the second biggest waterfall in India and a sight to watch. The Shivanasamudra Falls are actually twin falls Gaganachukki and Bharachukki, one km away from each other.
Talakadu also was known as the ‘city of lost temples' is a small deserted hamlet on the banks of Kaveri River. Talakadu once had over 30 temples, most of which & the old Talkadu town now lay buried in the sand. There are now 5 temples at Talkadu that have been unearthed, Vaidyanatheshwara temple is the most famous of them.
Visit Somnathpur, home to the 13th century Hoysala Chennakesava Temple, also known as a Keshava Temple. The temple is built on a star-shaped platform and has three carved pinnacles and shrines. The temple is dedicated to Lord Janardhana, Venugopala, and Kesava.
Somnathpur is a great place for sandalwood oil, incense sticks, and other handicrafts. There are many local artisans that are involved in the production of teak, rosewood and sandalwood carvings. Somnathpur is also renowned for Mysore style painting of Indian Gods.
- The driver will pick up the guests from a given address in Bangalore
- We will drive to Somnathpura which is 3 hours drive from Bangalore
- Visit Chennakesava Temple, which is one of the finest Hoysala architecture and soak in the history related to it.
- We will stop for lunch in a local restaurant.
- Later, we proceed to drive to Talakadu and explore the mystery town and it's ancient temples
- Next, we will drive to Shivasamudra waterfalls, is situated on the banks of the river Kaveri.
- Head back to Bangalore, and the driver will drop-off the guests at the hotel or desired location
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off from Bangalore Hotel or Residence
- Toll and parking charges (if applicable)
- Tour as per the itinerary
- Driver and Fuel charges
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4850 Per Vehicle