Karla and Bhaja Caves Private Day Trip from Mumbai
English, Hindi and Marathi
A mere two hour drive from Mumbai like a group of 22 rock cut caves known as the Karla and Bhaja caves. These caves date back to the 2nd century B.C. and the oldest Chaitya Buddhist caves that are still in existence. Buddhism was on a rise in that era and thus it was common for the monks to built caves in hilltops and live there. These Buddhist monks dedicated their lives to meditation and teachings of Buddha. Therefore there are prominent features like the prayer hall and the Stupa and other relief structure seen which give the traveler an insight into their life. The carvings on these walls show the use of wood for the first time in the Indian civilization and this is what makes the caves an important archeological artifact. These unique caves are located at a close proximity to the main village area, amidst the scenic waterfalls and lush greens. The Karla caves hold a magnificent Buddhist statue seated on a throne supported by a lion and surrounded by three elephants and the sides. This marvelous sculpture will leave the tourist in awe of the craftsmanship and creativity of the architects of the age.
- Visit one of the finest examples of rock-cut architecture anywhere
- Morning Pick-up from Mumbai (Residence or Hotel)
- Proceed towards Karla Caves, which is a 2.5 - 3 hour drive.
- Karla Caves and Bhaja Caves - ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves
- Head back to Mumbai
- Drop off in Mumbai
- All transportation using private Air-Conditioned Hatchback/Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Mumbai residence/ Mumbai Hotel
- Driver and fuel charges
- 250 KMs of usage (more than enough)
- Usage till 10 PM (Rs. 250 night charges apply after that)
- Any monument entrance fees
- Any Toll and Parking fees (To be paid on actual)
- Personal expenses
- Any meals
- Cancellation is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given.
- If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Reporting/Start Point:Pick-up from Hotel/Address in Mumbai
₹ 3190 Per Vehicle