Hampta Pass Trek 2018
4 Nights/5 Days
1 to 20 people
Known as the road to heaven, the pass doesn't let you down on the expectations of paradise. A 5-day trek, Hampta Pass trek promises you view like no other.
- Trek to the high-altitude pass in Manali region
- A trek that offers you the amazing views of Kullu valley and Pir Panjal range
- Magnificent views of mighty peaks of Chandra Bhaga range and Mt. Deo Tibba peak (6000m)
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Daily Availability: Guaranteed departure for even a single member
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes for individual focus
- Part Payment: Reserve spot with booking amount, pay balance online later
Hampta Pass is the corridor connecting the valleys Kullu and Lahaul in the Spiti region. At the altitude of 14,035ft with the day temperature ranging from a 13-18 C, the P]pass promises dramatic terrain changes.
The trekking trail has a range of views to offer. From rock walls, waterfalls, hanging glaciers, tiny lakes, rushing stream, colourful valleys with flowers and grazing horses and 6000m snow capped peaks all the way to a grey barren desert of Lahaul.
The best time to trek over the pass would be from June to end of September. The trek is moderately difficult but fits in perfectly for the first time trekkers. Mobile network after Pirni would be mostly lost, so you can expect a complete solitude in the palms of nature.
Day 1: Manali to Chikka via Jobra - Drive & Trek
Day 2: Chikka to Balu Ka Gera (5-6 Hours Easy Trek)
Day 3: Balu ka Gera - Hampta Pass (14,100 ft.) - Balu ka Gera (8 Hours Moderate Trek).
Day 4: Balu ka Gera to Jobra to Chikka (7-8 Hours Trek)
Day 5: Trek from Chikka to Pirni, Manali
Day 1: Reach Manali And Drive to Jobra - Short Trek to Chikka | 1 hr drive - 2 hr Trek
Report at the Pirni, Manali by 10:00 am. After a briefing session with trek leader and wholesome breakfast, we will drive to Jobra– the starting point of the trek. From Jorba we start the trek and enter forest lined by maple, deodar, toss and oak trees and the sight is refreshing.
It is an easy ascent and very soon you start overlooking lush green meadow and we walk towards it. The Rani Nallah/water stream comes into view which flows directly in between the meadow.
Chika campsite is a huge and spacious patch of green. The Rani Nallah flowing in the middle makes this place perfect for setting up the camping site.
Day 2: Chikka to Balu ka Gera | 8 km, 5/6 hrs Easy Trek
After an early morning breakfast, we start our trek from Chikka and hike along the banks of the Chandra river. We would cross Jwara today which is a delightfully scenic valley. The trail passes many small waterfalls, lush green meadows and constant stunning views of the Dhauladhar range.
Today's destination - Balu Ka Gera is a flat ground amidst the mountains at an elevation of 11,900 ft. We set up our camps and relax for the rest of the day as we slowly reach an altitude of almost 11000 ft. Dinner and overnight stay at the camps at Balu ka Gera.
Day 3: Balu ka Gera - Hampta Pass (14,100 ft) - Balu ka Gera | 13 km, 8/9 hrs Trek
Today is the most challenging day of the trek and a long one. We start our trek today early at around 7 am. It would take approximately 4-5 hours to reach the Hampta Pass.
An hour into the trek and the views magnificent Deo Tibba peak (6000+m) would right in front of you. Climbing the ridges takes us closer to Hampta Pass. The hike today is quite steep, demanding concentration and effort.
Conditions of this stretch vary depending upon snow conditions. On reaching the top of Hampta pass at 14,100 ft., the breathtaking views around you will leave you in awe.
Day 4: Trek from Balu ka Gera to Chikka | 8 km, 5/6 hrs Easy Trek
It is going to be an easy hike today which should take about 5 hours. On reachingBalu ka Gera you would get ample time to explore the nearby waterfall and see the abundant birdlife of the area.
Day 5: Chikka to Prini, Manali | 4/5 hrs Trek
After breakfast in the morning, we start our final descent to Pirni which is our final destination and where the trip ends.
- Camping Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Transfers from Manali Base Camp to trekking start point – Jobra on Day 1
- Experienced & Professional Guides, Group Insurance, First Aid.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Any airfare or volvo bus tickets
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- Any extra expenses due to medical exigencies or unforeseen other emergencies like extremely bad weather, landslides, riots or political unrest, changes in local unions rules and situations beyond our direct control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in such situations.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage (choose add-on)
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners may need to pay the extra amount for permits as per actuals.
- You need to sign Disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- Meals will be provided while on the trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, bread, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu).
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The reporting location in Pirni is 3.5 km from the Manali bus depot. Pirni is easily accessible by frequent auto rickshaws and shared cabs.
Reporting/Start Point:Prini, Manali (Exact details are share in e-mail voucher)
₹ 5800 Per Person