Hampta Pass Trekking Expedition
4 Nights/5 Days
1 to 20 people
Hampta Pass is the corridor connecting the valleys Kullu and Lahaul. At the altitude of 14,035ft with the day temperature ranging from a 13-18 C, the Pass promises dramatic terrain changes.
Also known as the road to heaven, the pass doesn't let you down on the expectations of paradise. A 5-day trek, Hampta Pass promises terrains ranging from rock walls, waterfalls, hanging glaciers, tiny lakes, rushing stream, colourful valleys with flowers and grazing horses and 6000m snow capped peaks all the way to a grey barren desert of Lahaul.
The best time to trek over the pass would be from mid-June to end of September. The trek is moderately difficult but fits in perfectly for the first time trekkers. The pass doesn’t entertain interferences from the millennial world so no mobile connectivity. Complete solitude in the palms of nature.
Day 1: Manali to Chika via Jobra by drive (10,100 ft.)
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Chika]
Day 2: Chika to Balu Ka Gera (11,900 ft./05-06 Hours Easy Trek)
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Balu Ka Gera]
Day 3: Balu ka Gera – Hampta Pass (14,100 ft.) - Balu ka Gera (11,900 ft. / 08 Hours Moderate Trek).
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Balu Ka Gera]
Day 4: On to Jobra. Drive back to Manali (07-08 Hours Trek / 2 Hours Drive from Jobra to Manali)
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Manali]
Day 5: Checkout after the Breakfast from Manali.
Day 1: Manali to Chika via Jobra drive | Short Trek to Chika
Report at the Base Camp, Manali before 10:00 am. After registration and wholesome breakfast, we will transfer you to Jobra– the last road head for the trek after crossing River Beas and takes you up through 42 hairpin bends by Jeep/Car. From here you start your trek and enter forest lined by maple, deodar, toss and oak trees and the sight is refreshing. It is an easy incline and very soon you start overlooking lush green meadow and we walk towards it. The Rani Nallah/water stream comes into view which flows directly in between the meadow. We can cross the meadow or climb up the hill on the left-hand side. Chika campsite is a huge and spacious patch of green. The Rani Nallah flowing in the middle makes this place perfect for setting up the tents. Overnight Stay in camps at Chika
Day 2: Chika to Balu Ka Gera (11,900 Feet | 5-6 Hours Easy Trek)
Today’s trail will take you through Jwara- a beautiful scenic sheltered valley. After an early breakfast, the trek begins from Chikka and walk along the banks of the river to the left. The route will encompass several small waterfalls, lush green meadows and Dhauladhar peaks will be your constant company throughout the hiking hours. Balu Ka Gera is a flat ground amidst the mountains at an elevation of 11,900 ft. We set up our camps and relax for the rest of the day as we slowly reach an altitude of almost 11000 ft. Dinner and overnight stay at the camps at Balu ka Gera.
Day 3: Balu ka Gera – Hampta Pass (14,100ft) – Balu ka Gera -8 Hours Moderate Trek
Today is the most challenging day of the trek and a long one.We start early around 7 AM and would take approximately 4-5 hours to reach the Hampta Pass. An hour into the trek and we start seeing the magnificent Deo Tibba peak right in front of us. Climbing the ridges takes us closer to Hampta Pass. The climb is vertical and steep which demands concentration and effort, which is all worth at the end. It can vary slightly depending on the snow condition too. Now at 14,100 ft., you are on top of Hampta Pass with breathtaking views that will leave you in awe.
Day 4: Trek to Jobra – 7-8 Hours Trek | Jobra to Manali Drive – 2 Hours
On this day your exciting trek comes to an end. Have breakfast and leave for your return journey to Manali. Dinner and Overnight Stay at Manali.
Day 5: Checkout after the Breakfast from Manali – Trip Ends
After breakfast in Morning, check-out from the camps and bid farewell to the new friends. You have an option to explore Solang Valley, Vashisth Hot Springs, Jogini Falls, Kasol, Manikaran etc. You may get indulge yourself in paragliding, white water rafting etc.
- Camping Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Transfer cost from Manali Base Camp to trekking point – Jobra on Day 1
- Transfer cost from Jobra to Manali Base Camp on Day 4
- Experienced & Professional Guides, Group Insurance, First Aid.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Transfer from you city to Reporting Base Camp & Return
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- Travel arrangement from your city to reporting base camp may be arranged at an additional cost.
- Additional Night at Hotel/Home Stay/Hostel may be arranged with prior information subject to availability and advance booking before and after the trek as per your budget.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- You need to bring 2 passport size photographs, valid and original government issued id proof. In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners need to pay extra amount for permits.
- You need to sign Disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu)
- In case the trek is cancelled for the reason beyond our control then we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable. You may opt for either refund or alternate trek on the date of reporting.
- If we do not get minimum strength of 2 participants in a group then we have right to cancel the group at any time
- We have right to change the itinerary during the time of trekking as per current situation like strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- All participants will be responsible for safety and security of their own luggage. We will not be at all responsible for the damage/missing / lost luggage. So carry a small daypack bags to carry all expensive things with you.
- Rucksacks, trekking poles, raincoats are available on rent subject to availability
- Cancellation made before 20 days or more, prior to activity date – 100% Refund*
- Cancellation made within 19 to 7 days prior to activity date – 50% Refund*
- Cancellation made less then 7 days prior to activity date – No refund
Free rescheduling of activity – Subject to availability
* 2.5% charge on the total amount is aplicable on all refunds.