Hampta Pass Trek 2018
Known as the road to heaven, the pass doesn't let you down on the expectations of paradise. A 5-day trek, Hampta Pass trek promises you views like no other.
- Trek to the high-altitude pass in Manali region.
- A trek that offers you the amazing views of Kullu valley and Pir Panjal range.
- Magnificent views of mighty peaks of Chandra Bhaga range and Mt. Deo Tibba peak (6000m).
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Guaranteed departure for even two members.
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes for individual focus.
- Part Payment: Reserve spot with booking amount, pay balance online later
Hampta Pass is the corridor connecting the valleys Kullu and Lahaul in the Spiti region. At the altitude of 14,035ft with the day temperature ranging from a 13-18 C, the P]pass promises dramatic terrain changes.
The trekking trail has a range of views to offer. From rock walls, waterfalls, hanging glaciers, tiny lakes, rushing stream, colourful valleys with flowers and grazing horses and 6000m snow capped peaks all the way to a grey barren desert of Lahaul.
The best time to trek over the pass would be from June to end of September. The trek is moderately difficult but fits in perfectly for the first time trekkers. Mobile network after Pirni would be mostly lost, so you can expect a complete solitude in the palms of nature.
Day 1: Manali to Chikka via Jobra - Drive & Trek
Day 2: Chikka to Balu Ka Gera (5-6 Hours Easy Trek)
Day 3: Balu ka Gera - Hampta Pass (14,100 ft.) - Balu ka Gera (8 Hours Moderate Trek).
Day 4: Balu ka Gera to Jobra to Chikka (7-8 Hours Trek)
Day 5: Trek from Chikka to Pirni, Manali
Day 1: Reach Manali and Drive to Jobra - Short Trek to Chikka | 1-hour drive - 2 hours Trek
- You will have to report at Pirni, Manali by 10:00 am. After a briefing session with trek leader and wholesome breakfast, you will be driven to Jobra– the starting point of the trek.
- From Jorba you will start the trek and enter forest lined by maple, deodar, toss and oak trees, the sight is refreshing.
- It is an easy ascent and very soon you start overlooking lush green meadow and you walk towards it. The Rani Nallah/water stream comes into view which flows directly in between the meadow.
- Chika campsite is a huge and spacious patch of green. The Rani Nallah flowing in the middle makes this place perfect for setting up the camp.
Day 2: Chikka to Balu ka Gera | 8 km, 5/6 hours Easy Trek
- On Day 2, after early morning breakfast, you start your trek from Chikka and hike along the banks of the Chandra river.
- You would cross Jwara today which is a delightfully scenic valley. The trail passes many small waterfalls, lush green meadows and constant stunning views of the Dhauladhar range.
- Today's destination - Balu Ka Gera is a flat ground amidst the mountains at an elevation of 11,900 ft.
- The support team would help you set up your camps, post which you may relax for the rest of the day as you slowly reach an altitude of almost 11000 ft.
- You will be having your dinner and will be staying overnight at the camps at Balu ka Gera.
Day 3: Balu ka Gera - Hampta Pass (14,100 ft) - Balu ka Gera | 13 km, 8/9 hours Trek
- Today is the most challenging day of the trek and a long one as well.
- You start your trek today early at around 7 am. It would take approximately 4-5 hours to reach the Hampta Pass.
- An hour into the trek and the views magnificent Deo Tibba peak (6000+ metres) would right in front of you. Climbing the ridges will take you closer to Hampta Pass. The hike today is quite steep and demands concentration and effort.
- Conditions of this stretch vary depending upon snow conditions. On reaching the top of Hampta pass at 14,100 ft., the breathtaking views around you will leave you in awe.
- After spending some time at the Hampta pass, you will descend back to Balu ka Gera.
Day 4: Trek from Balu ka Gera to Chikka | 8 km, 5/6 hours Easy Trek
- It is going to be an easy hike today which should take about 5 hours.
- On reaching Balu ka Gera you would get ample time to explore the nearby waterfall and watch multiple varieties of the birds of the area.
Day 5: Chikka to Prini, Manali | 4/5 hours Trek
- On the last leg of the trek, after breakfast in the morning, you start your final descent to Pirni which will be your final destination and also where the trip ends.
- Camping Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Transfers from Manali Base Camp to trekking start point – Jobra on Day 1
- Experienced & Professional Guides, Group Insurance, First Aid.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The reporting location in Pirni is 3.5 km from the Manali bus depot. Pirni is easily accessible by frequent auto rickshaws and shared cabs.
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
2 travellers found this helpful
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
3 travellers found this helpful
No, you do not need to buy any advanced snow shoes for this trek. All you require are a good pair of trekking shoes. You can opt for water resistant trekking shoes. Do carry along sufficient number of spare socks. Woolen socks are optional though.
3 travellers found this helpful
You would need to withdraw any money you need before the start of the trek. ATM facilities are available throughout Kullu and Manali. But you will not find any ATM beyond these places.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4790 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.