Trek to Lake Rani Sui
This beautiful lake was named “Rani Sui” as a “Rani” or a “Queen” gave birth near this water body.
For the adventure seekers in you who are unfortunately a bit hard pressed for time, Himalaya the great has this awesome short trek to offer you. It is an ideal weekend getaway in the Kullu Valley of western Himalaya. The Rani Sui Lake is perched on the Khan – Pari Tibba peak and nestled in the majestic Dhauladhar range. This trail leads to Kalihani pass and the Bara Bhangal range.
I had my apprehensions when I went on this trek as I am not technically trained. The fact that we will gain quite an altitude in such a short period made me wonder. Once on the trek I realized that it can be categorized as slightly moderate trek at phases when we gain height, but certainly not a technical one. This is the charm of this trek. It is like adventure and some breath taking beauty all packed into a small capsule of time and you have the trek to the Rani Sui Lake.
Once we gain the maximum altitude, we will get some awesome views of the Manalsu glacier, Hanuman Tibba, Rohtang pass, Deo Tibba and the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjaal ranges.
The most striking feature of this trail is that it meanders through thick and lush green cedar and pine forests and is a never ending carpet of rich and fertile meadows. This makes it extremely picturesque and a camera’s delight when the flora is in full bloom.
- Rani Sui Lake
- Awesome views of Pir-Panjal
Day 1: Manali - Lama Dugh (3017m) 5 hrs
Reporting time 9:00 am at Hadimba temple.
The trek begins from Hadimba temple and the climb is through thick forests but there is no water point after departing from Manali. As one gains height in this steep climb, the distinct views of different faces of Indrasan, Deo Tibba and peaks of Bara Shigri glacier open up. In the last lag, the path turns to the right and one traverses the ridge horizontally and enters the campsite on an alpine plateau studded with thick growth of alpine flowers.
Day 2: Lama Dugh - Rani Sui (3900m) 7 to 8 hrs
The height gain on this day is approximately 1 km. The trek is a bit steep at the ridge below Khanpari Tibba (4000m). From this point, one can have a magnificent glimpse of Manali, situated on the left bank of River Beas and the whole upper Kullu valley, which appears swathed in the different colors of the season. The lake at Rani Sui is a small mountain tarn with 360 degree views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.
Day 3: Ranisui to Kalathanali. 4 to 5 hours - Chandigarh/Delhi.
It's a steady descent today through high altitude meadows and pine, maple, horse chestnut, walnut forests. Continuous descent through dense pine forests will take you to the village of Parsha and then further down to national highway at Kalath. The trek ends here. A vehicle will pick up from there and bring you to da Base.
Participants, who’ve joined us just for the trek, can catch their bus from the Patlikuhl bus stand.
- 1 nights stay at the basecamp and 1 night in ‘Himalayan Village Retreat’ in Soil, Manali.
- Travel in Volvo bus from Delhi to Manali and back (in ‘all inclusive’ trips)
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-4 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide with expertise in first aid
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helpers
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All local transport as per itinerary in Gypsy/Bolero
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.