Offbeat Ladakh Motorbike Tour 2019 with Turtuk, Nubra, Pangong and Tso Moriri ex. Manali
This 2-lakes ride is one of it's kind, some may call it sweet and salty, for Tso Moriri being a freshwater high altitude lake while Pangong Tso is a saltwater lake.
- The stunning Pangong and Tso Moriri Lakes.
- The incredibly beautiful villages of Turtuk, Spangmik, and Karzok.
- Interact with 'Baltis' of Baltistan and 'Changpas' of 'Changthang'.
- A stunning drive to Khardung La and some of the highest motorable passes in the world.
- Rohtang Pass, Baralacha La Pass, Wari La Pass, Chang La Pass & Khardungla Pass.
Offbeat route - Ride on the roads less travelled
- Ultra comfortable accommodation: All accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All with hot water facility.
- Bike rent and fuel: For rented bike options, bike rent, as well as fuel, is included in the price.
- All permits and fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
- Ride with an incredible team of Ladakh experts.
This trip has the best of what Ladakh has to offer. This incredible Ladakh Motorcycle Tour will leave you awestruck and take you through some of the most amazing and remote regions of the world. Not only do we cover Manali-Leh Highway, Leh, Khardung La, and Pangong Tso Lake but also Tso Moriri lake. This lesser know lake is the largest of the high altitude lakes entirely within India and in this Trans-Himalayan biogeographic region, with some gorgeous views to offer.
Route: Manali - Sarchu - Leh - Khardung La - Turtuk - Nubra Valley - Pangong Tso - Leh - Tso Moriri - Manali
Manali - Rohtang Pass - Keylong - Jispa - Tandi - Zing Zing Bar - Deeptaal - Surajtaal - Baralacha La - Bharatpur City - Sarchu - Pang - Moore Plains - Lachulung La - Nakee La - Taglang La - Hemis - Leh - Hall of Fame - Shanti Stupa - Khardung La - Nubra Valley - Turtuk - Diskit - Panamik - Shyok - Wari La - Changla La - Pangong Tso - Karzok - TsomoririTso - Tsokar Tso
Day 1: Arrive in Manali
- Upon your arrival in Manali, our support staff will receive you at the bus stop and drive you to base camp.
- Post which there will be local sightseeing and then the orientation process and Leh ride briefing.
- After refreshments and debriefing and the required paperwork, your bikes will be allotted to you.
- Get used to your bikes while we go for a spin.
Day 2: Manali - Sarchu | 223 km | 8-9 hours
- On the second day, ride begins early in the morning.
- You will be enjoying the Leh Manali highway, Suraj Taal and Deepak Taal, two breath-taking lakes in the Lahaul and Spiti region.
- Later in the night you will be staying at the camps/guest house, enjoy your stay in the valley.
Day 3: Sarchu - Leh | 250 km | 8-9 hours
- On the third day, you will be riding to Leh.
- You will ride through Nakeela Pass, Whisky Nallah, Lachulung La Pass, Pang, More Plains, and Tanglang La Pass - the road from Pang to Leh is excellent and will take you over a plateau (42 km long), called the Moore Plains.
- You will be staying overnight at a hotel in Leh.
Day 4: Leh | Explore Leh and Rest
- On day 4 you relax a bit and get your vehicles checked.
- You may as well explore Leh, its markets, stupas, and the monasteries.
Day 5: Leh - Kardung La Pass - Turtuk - Hundar (Nubra) | 285 km | 7-8 hours
- On the fifth day, you will drive to one of the highest motorable passes in the world, Khardung La – continue riding by the river Nubra, through the beautiful Nubra Valley to reach Turtuk.
- This village was part of Pakistan as late as 1971. the villagers are exceptionally hospitable and welcome guests to their village.
- After a great lunch, we start our drive to Hundar.
- Hundar is famous for the double-humped camel.
- Enjoy the double-humped camel ride.
- You will stay overnight in Hundar.
Day 6: Nubra to Pangong via Shyok Road or Wari La Pass (if Shyok road closed) | 173 km | 6-7 hours
- On day 6 you will drive to Pangong Tso Lake from Nubra - enjoy the views of the highest saltwater lake.
- The pristine setting of location – if time permits we attempt Marisimek La - 45 km – 2 hrs.
- The real highest motorable pass in the world “Marisimek La’.
- You will be staying overnight in the Lake Side Camps.
Day 7: Pangong Tso - Leh | 160 Km | 4-5 hours
- After a hearty breakfast, you depart the emerald blue waters of Pangong to ride over the 3rd highest motorable pass, Chang La at 5360 meters.
- It would be a slightly relaxed ride today.
- Once over Chang La, most of the ride is downhill. This is is going to be one exciting ride that you'll remember forever.
Day 8: Leh – Tso Moriri | 210 Km | 7-8 hours
- On day 8, you may start from Leh in the morning on bikes, located at an altitude of 15,075 ft, Tso Moriri is the largest of the high altitude lakes in the Trans-Himalayan biogeographic region.
- Tso Moriri is a hidden gem in the region and not very touristy yet, enjoy the view from deluxe tents.
- You will be staying overnight at Tso Moriri.
Day 9: Tso Moriri - Tsokar Tso - Sarchu | 220 Km | 8-9 hours
- On the ninth day after breakfast, start your ride to Sarchu via another beautiful Lake and village of Tsokar.
- You will reach Sarchu by evening and check-in to your camps.
- Post which there will be an overnight stay at Sarchu.
Day 10: Sarchu to Manali | 225 KMS | 8-9 hours
- On the morning of the tenth day, you will leave for Manali.
- On the way visit Suraj Taal and Deepak Taal, two breath-taking lakes in the Lahaul and Spiti region.
- You will reach Manali by evening and rest in riverside camps.
Day 11: Manali - Trip ends
- On the final day check out from the base camp after breakfast.
- Your trip ends here.
- Accommodation in deluxe hotels and camps
- Stay for couples on twin sharing basis/groups on triple sharing basis
- 350cc Royal Enfield bike (500 cc can be arranged - choose add-on while booking)
- Petrol for entire trip for rented bike
- Breakfast & dinner at hotels/guesthouse/camps
- Service of an expert road captain throughout the bike ride
- Inner Line Permits (ILP) & Wildlife fees for restricted areas in Ladakh
- Back up vehicle (high clearance 4x4 vehicle)
- Enfield motorbike mechanic for the entire tour carrying basic spares
- Hot water buckets will be available in hotels/camps on request
- Basic First Aid Kit, medicines and oxygen cylinders
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 30000 Per Person