Beas Kund Trek
The fierce River Beas is formed from the glacier of Beas Kund. A 3 day of trek takes you to 12,200 ft above sea level and the distance of 28 km
- A 3-day trek that takes you to a beautiful mountain lake - Beas Kund in Manali region
- Camp at some of the most beautiful camp sites in the Himalays amidst pristine nature
- Beas Kund Trek is suitable for first-time trekkers as well
How to reach Solang?
- Buses for Solang leave Manali Bus Stand at 9.30am and 10am and ticket costs Rs. 30-50.
- Coose a Manali Transport Add-on in Car/SUV
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Daily Availability: Guaranteed departure for even a Single member
- Changing Facility: Free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes for individual focus
- Part Payment: Pay balance online before start of the trip
The fierce River Beas is formed from the glacier of Beas Kund. This trek takes you to 3700 meters above sea level and the total trekking distance of 28 km. Trek is suitable for beginners as well and is 3 day trek from Manali.
The trail starts from Dhundi and goes all the way to Bakarthach. Lush green meadows filled with the local shepherds and you will be passing through the Solang Valley near Manali. April-October is the best months to trek in this area. For the beginners, this trek offers you the best picturesque views of your lifetime. The Beas Kund can be the miniature experience of Himachal Pradesh in a very short period of time.
Day 1: Report at Solang - Solang Valley - Dhundi (10,334 ft) | 8 Kms Trek - 5/6 Hours
You have to report at the base camp in Solang Valley before 10 am. We will start our trek to Dhundi, a definition of the picturesque trek. The snow-capped mountains are visible throughout the trail as you pass through the Oak forest, Fir and Walnuts. [Meals: Pack Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Dhundi]
Tip: If you are planning to start a trek on the same day of your arrival in Manali then you may have a breakfast at Solang Valley and keep your extra luggage here. The same may be collected after the end of your Beas Kund Trek. Please make sure you reach reporting location before 10 am. Batch leaves by 11am.
Day 2: Dhundi - Bakrathatch - Beas Kund - Dhundi (11,975 ft) | 12 Kms Trek, 8/9 Hrs
A start with the short drive in the early morning from Solang to Dhundi. Dhundi is the starting point to climb Beas Kund. The trail is either rock in summer or layers of snow in winter. From here it will take 5-6 hours to reach beautiful Beas Kund Lake. Beas Kund is known as the source of Beas River. Beas Kund area also acts as the base camp for summit expeditions to Friendship Peak and others. Clicking pictures and having food near the lake we will be heading back to Dhundi and then drive back to Solang. Downhill is the best of returning back home. [Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Solang]
Day 3: Dhundi -Solang Valley | 5/6 Hours, 8 Kms Trek
Solang will be the last destination of the whole adventure trip, we start back right after breakfast. Your trek ends here. From Solang Valley you may take a bus or hire a sharing taxis to Manali.
- Camping in tents on twin/triple sharing basis
- Sleeping Bags and Sleeping Mats
- Nutritious food - All meals during trek (Usual menu is veg, Eggs/Canned meat can be provided on special request)
- Experienced & Professional Trek Leader/Guides, First Aid
- Services of a Cook and Support Staff
- Porters or mules to carry common luggage
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Transport from Manali to Solang (if chosen)
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Meals during road journeys if any
- Any kind of insurance
- Transport back from Solang to Manali
- Charges for personal porter
- Any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Any extra expenses due to medical exigencies or unforeseen other emergencies like extremely bad weather, landslides, riots or political unrest, changes in local unions rules and situations beyond our direct control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in such situations.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage (choose add-on)
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners may need to pay the extra amount for permits as per actuals.
- Meals will be provided while on the trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, bread, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu).
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Beas Kund Trek is a good option for both beginners and experienced trekkers. For people with little trekking experience it is a little demanding but a great introduction to trekking. It is great weekend trek option for experienced trekkers who would love the amazing views on Beas Kund Trek.
52 travellers found this helpful
Local buses from Manali Bus Stand departs for Solang at 08:00am & 09:30am. It is a short 45 minute journey. You may also take shared/private cabs from Manali Bus Stand.
4 travellers found this helpful
You can keep your extra luggage at our Solang Valley Base Camp. Same can be collected after the end of your Beas Kund Trek.
3 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Taxi Stop, Solang Valley, Solang (Near Iceland Hotel)
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher instantly.
₹ 3390 Per Person