- Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore Information
- Top Things To Do in Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore
- View Places on Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore Map
- Places to Visit near Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore
- Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore Getaways
- Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore Tours & Things To Do
Esplanade - Theatres On The Bay, Singapore , Singapore
Historical, Heritage, Art Gallery, Theater
English, Malay, Standard Mandarin
About Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore
Singapore’s skyline often marks the appearance of very futuristic buildings, one of which is Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay. Known for being Singapore’s premier arts centre, this unique aluminum dome has hosted a variety of festivals (most notably Singapore Arts Festival) and performances. This centre has been aptly nicknamed by locals as “The Durian” due to its uncanny resemblance to the durian fruit. Apart from contributing to the country’s art scene, Esplanade hosts performances which cross various genres and cultures. Between a 1600 seat orchestra hall with & a 2000 seat theatre, one has the option to choose his/her preference.
There are many more intimate venues located in Esplanade which help spread its palpable vibe. Several notable international orchestras, musicals and theatre plays have put on show stopping performances here. Apart from this, one can also stroll through the three storey mall located within the premises. To explore even further, one can sign up for the Esplanade Walk, a 45 minute guided tour giving one a deep insight of the site’s acoustics, its history and unique architecture, and most notably, its contribution to the performing arts.