Dalhousie Day Hike
A light hike with beautiful views. Barapatthar to Panjpulla waterfall hike is 7 to 8 kms and takes approximately 4 to 5 hours. Starting from Barapatthar, the hike ends at the foothill of the Gangi Phari (Bald mountain) through the off track mostly used by the villagers.
The view from the mountain top is breathtaking, with the panaromic views of the valley and plently of open space to walk around. And after the sun sets down, the nights have more than a regular views to offer.
Bald Mountain (Gangi Pahari) is the most spectacular place in the whole Dalhousie. The mountain offers an paranoiac view of the whole of Dalhousie as well of the vast plains of Punjab. This places offers the most scenic sun-set with the slivering into the Ranjit Sagar lake
Chattara Village is located almost in the midst of Barapatthar and Panjpulla, this beautiful himalayan provides you with the beauty of Kainthli Dhar full of deoder and kail trees. Touching a height of almost 8000 ft, it is covered with snow during winters and is pleasent during summers.
Panjpulla, waterfall is dedicated to Sardar Ajit Singh and has a small body of water where once can also enjoy boating. There are several Tea & Pakora shops at Panjpulla.
- 9am: Meet our Guide at Gandhi Chownk (GPO) and proceed towards Barrapatthar. (Transportation from GPO to Barapatthar by Cab)
- 10pm: Trek from Barapattahr to Panjpulla, with packed lunch (7 km)
- 4pm: Drive from Panjpulla and get dropped at Dalhousie. (Transportation from Panjpulla to Dalhousie by Cab)
- Guided tour from Dalhousie
- Trek from Barapatthar to Panjpulla
- Transportation from Dalhousie
- Picnic Lunch (Veg / Non-Veg)
- Sightseeing of Panjpulla
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that