Dalhousie Overnight Camping in Forest
2 Nights/3 Days
4 to 20 people
Hindi and English
This 2 days and 1 night package offers some amazing landscape. The trekking and overnight camping at Dainkund offers an unique way to explore the real nature and beauty of Dalhousie from the breathtaking landscape of the Peer Panjal Mountain Range to the remoteness of the Chowari Jot Valley.
Enjoy the campsite at Jot and the hospitality in the wilderness. Amongst other things, outhwatering meals, excellent campsite setting, Tented stay with insulated mats and sleeping bags, evening Bon-fire and Music and fixed Europe style bathrooms are highlights of this activity. A visit to Khajjiar (Mini-swiss of India) and Kalatop (wildlife reserve) on day-2 makes this a memorable break, be it with family or group of friends or a couple.
- 9am : Meet our Guide at Gandhi Chownk (GPO) and proceed towards Dainkunnd. (Transportation from GPO to Dainkund by Cab)
- 10am : Trek from Dainkund to Jot (7 km)
- 2pm : Pick-up from Jot and proceed to Camping site at Village Talai. (Transportation from Jot Pass to Talai Campsite by Cab)
- 2.30pm : Lunch at Campsite
- 3pm : Relax and enjoy the views. Explore near by areas.
- 5pm : Evening tea and snacks
- 6pm : Enjoy the bonfire and witness the sunset
- 9pm : Dinner is served fresh (veg/non-veg)
- 9am : Breakfast is serve (veg/non-veg)
- 10pm : Trek from Jot campsite to Kanthail through Kanthali reserve forest.
- 2pm : Lunch at Campsite
- Over night stay in camp at Kanthali
- 9am : Breakfast is served (veg/non-veg)
- 10pm : Sightseeing of Khajjiar & Kalatop and drop at Dahousie (Transportation from Talai Campsite to Dalhousie by Cab)
DianKund or Drakund, as the local stories narrate was inhabited by withched who used to trouble the villagers hence the name Dainkund or also called "Witch's Pond". That said, it's one of the most beautiful places in Dalhousie. The trek from Dainkund to Jot is approximately 6-7 hours at about 3000 m. On a clear day three of the five Punjab rivers are visible glit-tering in the sun shine and loosing themselves in the planes, beyond which it seems to melt away in the infinite space, these rivers are Satluj, Beas, Ravi, Chenab. The trek is lush green and the path is a easy hike.
Chowari Jot (pass) is located almost in the midst of Chamba and Chowari, this Pass (Jot) provides you with the beauty of Kainthli Dhar full of deoder and kail trees. Touching a height of almost 8000ft it snows heavily in the winter and has a pleasant season in the winter.
Khajjiar, often called India’s Switzerland, the exquisite glade of Khajjiar (1960 m) has a circumference of about 5 km. Along its fringes, thick forests of deodar climb the slopes, the snow-line rests above these woods. At Khajjiar there is a 12th century temple dedicated to Khajji Nag. Within the temple houses the life size wooden impression of the five Pandav brothers.
Kalatop sanctuary, spread over 30.69 km², come in the Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, India. The sanctuary area is well laid out for trekking trails both at Kalatop and Khajjiar. There is a dense deodar and fir forest covering 19.63 km² of the sanctuary, which is about 6 km from Dalhousie. Pheasants, serow and black bear are some of the common animals found here.The sanctuary lies in the path of the Ravi River, and is surrounded by coniferous and oak forests.
- Guided tour from Dalhousie
- Trek from Dainkund to Jot and Jot to Kanthali on day-2
- Transportation from Dalhousie
- One Night stay ay Campsite at Jot and second night at Kanthali
- Lunch, Snacks, Dinner & Breakfast at Campsite (Veg/Non-Veg)
- Evening Bon-fire and Music
- Sightseeing of Dainkund, Jot, Khajjiar & Kalatop
- Applicable taxes
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Reporting/Start Point:GPO Dalhousie
₹ 4990 Per Person