Chandratal Road Trip from Manali
Chandratal lake also referred as the “Moon Lake”; is a high altitude lake located in Lahaul & Spiti region of Himachal Pradesh. At an altitude of 4,300 meters, this lake feeds the Chandra River and its name “Chandra” is believed to be derived from its moon like shape. Camping in the region is one of the key highlights of this journey to Spiti valley.
Manali - Rohtang - Chandratal - Batal - Chatru
Day 1: Manali to Chandratal base camp I 140 kms - 8 to 10 hours
(Reporting time in Manali: 9:30 am)
Staring from Manali, during the trip we will be reaching Chandrataal base camp via Rohtang pass, Gramphoo, Chatru & Batal. The road trip can take upto 10 hours - During peak season/road jams that can be even more. Overnight stay and meals at Chandrataal basecamp (at fixed camps 3 kms before the Chandrataal lake)
Day 2: Chandratal and around
After breakfast, we'll be trekking to Chandertaal lake, the whole day today is kept to enjoy the lake and surrounding areas. You have all the time to explore. Overnight camping at Chandrataal basecamp.
Day 3: Chandratal to Manali I 140 kms - 8 to 10 hours
After an early breakfast, we start our trip back to Manali. At some places, roads have been washed away completely over years anddue to streams they don't last much. Point being, it will be a bumpy ride at places, but that's the fun of it too. Tripp ends once we reach Manali.
- Travel by shared taxi (Innova/Xylo/Sumo/Traveller)
- Accommodation in tents (twin sharing)
- Sleeping bags
- Meals (breakfast, lunchc and dinner)
- Trainned staff and guide
- Wildlife/environmental permit fees
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point: