Spiti Road Trip - Kunzum, Kaza, Tabo & Chandratal
4 Nights/5 Days
4 to 12 people
Spiti valley, also famously known as "The Middle Land", is located at an average height of 12,500 feet above sea level. The Spiti Valley is a cold desert mountain valley located high in the Himalayan range in the north-eastern part of the Himachal Pradesh.
The valley is scattered with small distant postcard perfect villages and monastories. Through out the trip you'll witness some un-real views, small villages nested, almost unseen amongst the mountain, snow capped barren mountains and blue skies. This carefully curated 5-day Spiti Valley road trip is designed for travellers looking to epxerience the authentic Spiti. The most popular villages of Spiti Valley including Asia’s highest villages – Komik and Kibber. The marvelous Ki Monastory - A 1020 year old UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Manali - Rohtang - Chandratal - Batal - Chatru
Day 1: Manali - Rohtang - Kunzum - Losar - Kaza I 200 kms - Approx. 10 hours
(Reporting time in Manali: 9:30 am)
We will start from Manali early, we have a long journey planned for today. We will enter the Spiti valley via Rohtang pass and Kunzum pass. First night will be in Kaza which is the district headquarters of Spiti and is around 200 kms from Manali.
Day 2: Kaza - Tabo - Dhanker - Kaza I 100 kms - Approx. 8 hours
We will spend most part of our day to go around the remote villages of Spiti like Langza, Ki, Kibber, Tabo and Dhankar. Interact with the locals and get a glimse of their rich culture and take time to soak in the views.
Day 3: Kaza - Langza - Komic - Ki - Kibber - Losar I 80 kms - 7 hours
We start our journey back towards Manali. Overnight stay at Losar.
Day 4: Losar - Kunzum - Chandrataal Lake I 35 kms - 2 hours
We will start eary from Losar for Chadrataal. Once we reach Chandrtaal via Kunzum Pass, we'll have good amount of time to enjoy this geogeous lake and explore the surroundings. Overnight camping at Chandrataal base camp (3 kms before Chandrataal lake)
Day 5: Chandrataal Lake - Batal - Chatru - Rohtang - Manali I 130 kms - 8 hours
We get back to Manali through bumpy but all in all an amazing drive via Batal, Chatru, Grampu and Rohtang Pass.
- Travel by shared taxi (Innova/Xylo/Sumo/Traveller)
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis (Guest house/Hotel/Home stay/Camps)
- Sleeping bags (while camping)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Trainned staff and guide
- Wildlife/environmental permit fees
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
Anything not mentioned in the inclusions