Spiti Road Trip - Shimla - Kinnaur - Manali
Spiti valley, also famously known as "The Middle Land", is located at an average height of 12,500 feet above sea level. The Spiti Valley is a cold desert mountain valley located high in the Himalayan range in the north-eastern part of the Himachal Pradesh.
The valley is scattered with small distant postcard perfect villages and monastories. Through out the trip you'll witness some un-real views, small villages nested, almost unseen amongst the mountain, snow capped barren mountains and blue skies. This carefully curated 5-day Spiti Valley road trip is designed for travellers looking to epxerience the authentic Spiti. The most popular villages of Spiti Valley including Asia’s highest villages – Komik and Kibber. The marvelous Ki Monastory - A 1020 year old UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Shimla - Kinnaur - Nako - Kaza - Ki - Kibber - Kunzum - Chandratal - Manali (800 kms in total)
Day 1: Shimla - Narkanda - Kalpa I 250 kms
(Reporting time in Shimla: 9:30 am)
We start our epic road trip early and drive from Shimla to Kalpa. The sight today is one to behold, region is famous for it's apples and the views of apple orchards will make you fall in love with the place.
Day 2: Kalpa - Khab - Nako - Gue - Tabo I 150 kms
Today we'll be driving along NH 22, this part of route is in-famously knows as one the most trecherous roads in the world! But you need not worry, our local drivers are highly skilled and are trainned in these routes. Today you'll also see the surroundings change, from lush green of Kinnaur Valley to barren mountains of the Sipi Valley.
Overnight stay in Tabo.
Day 3: Tabo - Dhanker - Kaza - Ki - Kibber - Kaza I 90 kms
We'll start our trip towards Dhankar, the former capital of the Spiti Valley. The palce offers panoramic views of Spiti Valley. Dhankar stands at the confluence point of the Spiti and Pin river. Dhankar is renowned for its 1200-year old monastery balanced precariously on a rocky precipice.
Following the route, our trip takes us to Kaza where we can stop for lunch. After lunch, we visit the world famous Ki Monastery. Ki Monastery has seen over 1000 years and has a lot of stories to share. Situated at a height of 13,668 feet the monastory was founded in the 11th century CE. The monastery is a prominent center of learning from people who migrated from Tibet. Being remotely located atop a hill overlooking endless plains, the Ki Monastery is an obvious choice for those seeking peace and calm.
Day 4: Kaza - Langza - Komic - Losar I 120 kms
Situated at the altitude of 4513 meters, Komic is the highest village in Asia. With a mere population of not more than 100 people, the village is almost completely cut off from the rest of the world. Langza on other hand offer evidences that Spiti region was actually a part of the sea. The region is rich in marine animal fossils that existed millions of years ago.
Day 5: Losar - Kunzum - Chandrataal Lake I 35 kms
We will start eary from Losar for Chadrataal. Once we reach Chandrtaal via Kunzum Pass, we'll have good amount of time to enjoy this geogeous lake and explore the surroundings. Overnight camping at Chandrataal base camp (3 kms before Chandrataal lake)
Day 6: Chandrataal Lake - Batal - Chatru - Rohtang - Manali I 130 kms
We get back to Manali through bumpy but all in all an amazing drive via Batal, Chatru, Grampu and Rohtang Pass.
- Travel by shared taxi (Innova/Xylo/Sumo/Traveller)
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis (Guest house/Hotel/Home stay/Camps)
- Sleeping bags (while camping)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Trainned staff and guide
- Wildlife/environmental permit fees
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.