Indrahar Pass Power Trek
2 Nights/3 Days
2 to 15 people
Moderate to Challenging
The Indrahar Pass Trek in Himachal Pradesh begins from McLeod Ganj near Dharamshala and takes four days.
Located at 4342 metres/14,245 ft, the Indrahar Pass is situated in one of Himalaya’s most famous mountain ranges- the Dhauladhar Mountain Range. The Indrahar Pass is located in a unique geological region, a major thrust zone of the Indian tectonic plates, i.e. where the pressure of the Indian tectonic plate pushing against the neighboring Eurasian tectonic plate, is the strongest.
Narrow streams which ultimately join up with the Beas and Ravi Rivers run throughout the Indrahar Pass trekking route. The rich, opulent Kangra and Chamba Valleys also spread out far on either side of the route. The Indrahar Pass Trek offers climbers a rigorous ascent up the Dhauladhar Mountains. With slightly rocky terrain, steep ridges and wide chasms interspersed here and there with flat, plain land, the Indrahar Pass Trek is best suited for trekkers with some trekking experience. The dark, cool Lahesh caves en route to the Indrahar Pass are also worth a visit.
- Breathtakingviews of the Dhauladhar & Pir Panjal mountain ranges
- Clear views of peaks like Moon Peak and Arthur’s Seat
Day 01: Report at Base Camp, Mcleodganj (10 am)- Trek from Mcleodganj to Laka Got (15km Trek)
Report at our base camp in Mcleodganj by 10:00 am and after freshening up and change, we start our trek towards Laka Got. After initial 2 kilometers of little steep hike, it is a gradual incline all the way to Laka.
Day 02: Laka Got – Indrahar Pass – Laka Got (12 km Trek | 8-9 Hours | 4342 Meters)
We start early in the morning today and depending upon the month we may find some snow on trail today. From Laka Glacier, it takes 3-4 hours to reach Indrahar Pass. Views from the Indrahar Pass are amazing and whole Pir Panjal range can be seen. After spending some time at the pass and having our lunch here, we head back to Laka Got for the night.
Day 03: Laka Got - Mcleodganj (15 km Trek | 6-7 Hours)
On the final day we head back following the same route we used while coming but if there is no snow then we may use a diffrent route which goes directly to Triund. From Triund we desecend down to Bhagsu Nag and further to Mcleodganj and reach our base camp at Mcleodganj by evening 4-5 pm.
- Orientation and training
- All meals, tea & snacks during the trek
- Stay on twin/triple sharing basis in the tents
- Sleeping bags & sleeping mats
- Experienced & professional guides
- Forest entry and permits
- Any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Any travel insurance and expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, land slides, political unrest.
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
Things to Carry:
T-shirts, Trekking Pants, Windproof jacket preferably with a hood, Warm and thick Fleece, Full-sleeve Woolen sweater, regular socks (3-4 pairs), Scarf/muffler (optional), Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended), Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers, Raincoat / Poncho, Small light weight towel, Water bottle, Sunscreen Lotion, Cap to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries), Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries, Books, if you like reading, Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it, Camera with charged batteries. Please avoid carrying expensive watches, jewelry and electronic items on the trek.
- Cancellation made before 20 days or more, prior to activity date – 100% Refund*
- Cancellation made within 19 to 7 days prior to activity date – 50% Refund*
- Cancellation made less then 7 days prior to activity date – No refund
- Free rescheduling of activity – Subject to availability
Please note: In case activity is not safe to be done due to bad weather, the guiding team will propose an alternate option to the participants. This is keeping the safety interest of our customers in mind. One chooses not to go with the alternative but in such case no-refund is applicable, as the situation is beyond our control.
* 2.5% charge on the total amount is aplicable on all refunds.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity