Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Taking you to pristine sparkling Lakes in midst of majestic mountains of Kashmir Himalayas, Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is the most popular trek in Kashmir. Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is surprisingly an easy trek, and great for people with little trekking experience. Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is best way to see the true beauty of Kashmir lies in the hidden valleys which are not accessible by road. Trek covers seven beautiful Himalayan lakes, which are accessed through alpine pastures of beautiful wild flowers.
- Witness the beauty of Srinagar
- Trek takes you to Shekdur, cluster of rocky snowy peaks
- Camp near Vishansar Lake
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Srinagar to Sonamarg (9000ft)
Day 2: Sonamarg (9000 feet) to Nichnai (11,500 feet).
Day 3: Nichnai (11,500 feet) Vishansar Lake (12,000 feet).
Day 4: Explore Vishansar Lake and Kishansar Lake (12,000 feet)
Day 5: Vishansar lake (12,500ft) to Gadsar (13,750 ft) via Gadsar Pass
Day 6: Gadsar (12,000 ft) to Satsar (12,000 ft)
Day 7: Satsar (12,000ft) to Twin Lakes of Gangabal (11,500 ft).
Day 8: Gangabal (11,500 ft) to Naranag (7,450ft).
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg)
- Permits (Foreign national need to pay)
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Meals during transit
- Mineral Water or soft drinks
- Transportation of any kind
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason
- Unscheduled stay due to landslide.
Region: Kashmir, J & K
Difficulty: Moderate to difficult. Few steep ascents and descents which are usually snow free.
Max Altitude: 13,750 Ft.
Accomodation type: Camps
Trail Type: Through green meadows and several high passes.
Trek Starts from: Sonmarg
Trek Ends in: Sonmarg
Approx Trekking Km: 63 Kms.
Best Season: End of June to end of September.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Tourist Reception Centre, Srinagar