Indrahar Pass 5 Day Trek: Dharamshala to Chamba
A crossover trek at an altitude of 4342 m in the Dhauladhar range of the Himalayas. If you're looking for an offbeat trek,this one should be on your list.
- A 5-day crossover trek, starting at Dharamshala and finishing in Chamba
- Explore Triund
- High altitude pass crossing at 4342 m
- Chance to witness the life of Gaddi people
- Views of the magnificent Pir Pinjal range and high peak of Mani Mahesh (5650 m)
Why Book This?
- Offbeat trek: A beautiful trekking route taken by only a few.
- Low batch requirement: Guaranteed departure for even 2-member group
- Small convenient batch size: The convenience of a small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Tented accommodation: 2 people per tent throughout the trek.
- Service of experience guide: There will 1 trek guide and 1 assistant guide for a batch of 12 trekkers.
- Nutritious meals during the trek: All the participants will be served freshly cooked and nutritious vegetarian meals throughout the trek. Eggs, porridge, fruits, a sweet dish will be part of the meal.
A mountain pass in the Dhauladhar ranges of the Himalayas at an altitude of 4,342 meters the Indrahar Pass is located near the tourist town of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. Indrahar Pass is an essential part of the popular trekking route from Dharamshala. Laying across the Dhauladhar ranges the Indrahar Pass brings the endless fascinating ranges of high, rocky ridges; and relative proximity to the plains of the Himalayas. The ridges over the Dhaula Dhar do not lend themselves to easy trekking. This trek over the Indrahar pass is no exception, even though it follows one of the most established trails used by the Gaddi shepherds en-route to their summer grazing pastures in the upper Ravi Valley and Lahaul. All across the Indrahar Pass ranges the routes will include a continuous climb over the boulders. A trek to Indrahar Pass will bring the spectacular views of the Indian plains and a sacred peak of Mani Mahesh Kailash and the snowcapped Pir Panjal Range to the south of the pass. Beyond this pass, a haphazard trail leads through the Hindu villages and temples to the upper Ravi valley.
Day 1: Mcleodganj - Triund
Report at the Mcleodganj Square (near the market). Followed by breakfast, the group will be briefed on the entire program and distribution of equipment, your trek begins towards Triund passing through Dhramkot. The trail to Triund is generally gentle except last few kilometres. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
Note: Guest Need to arrive a day prior to the trek and make arrangements for your stay, the day before your trek commences so that you have rested well for the coming days of trekking.
Day 2: Triund - Lahesh Cave
Post breakfast – This day the trail follows the ridge behind the prayer flags above the. The trail climbs generally through oakand conifer forest and across the open meadows to the encampment at Laka Got. The last 200 - 300 mts is tiring to Lahesh Cave. Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 3: Lahesh Cave - Indrahar Pass - Chatru Parao
Early morning breakfast. Commence uphill trek with packed lunch. At the higher elevations there is a a steep 300 – 400 m ascent towards the crest of the Dhaula Dhar, before a 1 km traverse just below the ridge to the Indrahar Pass. From the pass one can view Pir Panjal Range in the north and Mani Mahesh Kailash (5656 m) peak in the east. Descend from the pass to Chatru Parao. Dinner & overnight in tents
Day 4: Chatru Parao - Kuarsi
Start trek with packed lunch, the trail follows the true left of the valley for the first few kms. Later the trek crosses the valley on a permanent snow bridge and ascends steeply to an open meadow. Continue down the true right of the valley and after crossing a series of meadows finally descends to Kurasi. Dinner & overnight stay in the tents.
Day 5: Kuarsi - Machetar - Chamba
Post breakfast, continue trek downhill with packed lunch. Today’s trek continues into the valley and from the top mountain views of the whole region can be seen. Descend along the Barley fields to hit the road head to Machetar. From Machetar drive to Chamba.
Our journey ends, we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Transportation as per the itinerary in shared vehicle
- Tented accommodation during the trek - twin sharing basis
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, mess tent and First Aid)
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-6)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
We provide our clients with porters/ponies for their convenience on demand and at a fixed price (Rs.500 per day for the duration of the trek and a maximum of 10 kg per person)
3 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7500 Per Person