Winter Kuari Pass Trek
Kuari Pass Trek is probably the best opportunity to view the high Himalayan peaks. The views are simply breathtaking. With a moderate trekking, anyone with no or little experience in trekking can venture out to please themselves with some glorious view of the great Himalayas. During winter most part of our trail will be covered in snow. The green meadows will be covered with a blanket of snow so are the trees.The Trishul in the east to the peaks of Kedarnath in the west - the Kedarnath, Chaukhamba, Nilkantha, Kamet, Gauri Parbat, Hathi Parbat, Nandadevi, Bethartoli, Dunagiri - (6000 m or 7000 m peaks) lined one after the other in a magnificent arc. Southwards the foothills stretch wave upon wave onto the dim haze of the distant plains. Dotted by some remote mountain villages you will also get a chance to have some good insight into the local life.
- Panoramic views of Nanda Devi
- Trek through alpine and rhododendron forests
- Witness the famous bugyals or alpine green meadows
Day 1: Dehradun to Joshimath Drive- 294 km 9 hours drive
- Report at Dehradun bus stand and we will start the drive from Dehardun to Joshimath.
- Joshimath is about 294km and it will take approximately 9 hours to reach and the drive is through the towns of Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Karnaprayag
- Reach Joshimath and take rest at the guest house of Joshimath.
Day 2: Joshimath to Guling (2800m) via Dhak (2100m) 3-4 hours trek - 5 km
- After breakfast, start the drive from Joshimath to Dhak towards Tapovan.
- Reach Dhak and the trek starts from here. The trail goes uphill and over half of the path is open and without shade.
- Pass through two villages and enter a forest and walk about a kilometre to reach the campsite at Guling.
- Camp at Guling for the day and from the campsite we can witness the peak of Dunagiri.
Day 3: Guling to Khullar (3350m) 4-5 hours trek - 5km
- The trek starts after the breakfast and today the trail is gradually sloped.
- Walk through oak, rhododendron and pine forests.
- After 4-5 hours of trek, we will reach Khullara, camp here for the day.
Day 4: Khullara to Kauri Pass(3820m) and back to Taali (3510m) 5-6 hours trek for 10 km
- We will start early as this is the longest day on the Kuari Pass Trek.
- Today’s trek is a gradual ascend till Khullara top and from there traversing through the snow patch we reach Kuari top.
- Savour the unending vistas of great Himalayan peaks including the famous Nanda Devi.
- After exploring the top, we will walk along the ridge towards Taali.
- Reach a small hill called Chitrakantha where we can witness astounding panoramic views.
- We walk down the other side and proceed towards our campsite. Taali is located inside the forest and is closed from all sides.
- Have dinner and camp at Taali for the day.
Day 5: Tali to Auli trek, Drive to Joshimath.
- Checkout from the campsite after the breakfast and trek downhill beside Ganga river.
- Trek for 4-5 hours and reach Auli.
- From Auli, we drive to Joshimath which is a 30-minutes drive.
- Reach Joshimath and camp for the day.
Day 6: Joshimath to Dehradun 9 hours drive - 294km
- Check out from the guesthouse after the breakfast and start the drive towards Dehardun.
- We will reach Dehradun by evening.
- Transportation to and fro from Dehradun.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at guest house and camps
- All meals from day 1 dinner to day 6 breakfast
- Forest entry fees & permits
- All camping equipments, sleeping bag, camping chairs, toilet tents
- Experienced guide.
- Support Staff and Porter for camping equipment
- Any extra meals not mentioned in inclusions
- Transport from Haridwar/Rishikesh
- Rucksacks and other personal items
- All items of personal nature
- Mineral water
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in surface transportation
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best time to do Winter Kuari pass trek is from mid December to early march. During winter months of December, January, February and early March, most of the trail is covered with snow. This is the Snow trek to go for if you are looking for lot of snow.
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
Kuari pass trek is typically an easy trek but snow makes is moderately difficult. Key to having a good trek is being prepared for conditions, which means adequate cold weather clothing.
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
10 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 16275 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.