Kipling’s Trail in Shimla
Take a walk amidst the serene and scenic hill station of Shimla and soak in the freshness of this city.
- Visit the house where Rudyard Kipling once lived.
- Walk amidst the beautiful hill station of Shimla.
- Company of a knowledgeable guide.
There is only one piece of land near Shimla that can be considered as Table Land. A lovely walk towards this wide open ground pulls you through some of the narrow streets, trails and old houses where you can have some glimpses of Shimla’s typical lifestyle. People basking in the sun, ladies drying their laundry outside the house, washing clothes at public taps, children playing street cricket, a few shopkeepers busy with their daily customers and old men reading a newspaper or just chatting. The walk begins with these scenes and takes you through a dense forest and finally ends at the grand gates of a huge lodge from where the entire subcontinent was once controlled.
A visit to a chalet on the way near the Annandale Ground since converted into Army Heritage Museum is a must.
- We start at 9.30 am from your hotel in Shimla. Our Guide will come to pick you up.
- You walk to the starting point, Kali Bari temple and follow your guide.
- Descend to Kaithu and on the way visit to Northbank – Rudyard Kipling’s house.
- Spend some time there and continue.
- The view of Annandale Ground is just amazing and it appears many times during the walk. Finally, you reach the ground.
- Here a visit to the Army Heritage Museum is strongly recommended.
- Post which your walk will come to an end.
- English Speaking Guide with good knowledge of this walk
- Water bottle
- A packet of chips for everyone
- Dress casually, wear sunglasses, and walking shoes
- Do not forget to carry an umbrella and a raincoat during the monsoon
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Guide will meet at your Hotel/Residence in Shimla Proper
₹ 800 Per Person