The Kali-Sarda River Rafting Expedition
The Kali river forms the international border between India and Nepal in its upper reaches. A self-contained river journey down this river is one of the prime options in this part of the Himalaya. The river flows past terraced farms of Kumaoni and Nepali villages, fresh water streams, sandy beaches, thick tropical jungles, plantations as we travel downstream through the terai belt negotiating exciting white water. With the Mahseer making it an angler"s delight, the lack of road access makes it a complete wilderness journey. After the first few days of serene float past its confluence with the Saryu at Pancheshwar (also a famous fishing spot) with the occasional big rapid, the Kali makes its final descent to the plains in the last day on river, beginning with the mighty Chooka rapid. Flowing past the terai hills after densely forested hillsides, this trip is an outdoor wilderness experience in a league of its own.
- Raft on Class III to IV rapids
- Enjoy rafting on remote river on Indo-Nepal border
- Witness stalactite and stalagmite formations
Board overnight train from Delhi - Kathgodam.
drive kathgodam to pithoragarh (07 hrs). overnight at rest house. views of panchuli more than compensate for the drive.
drive pithoragarh to put-in at jhulaghat (02 hrs). raft an initiation stretch of 15 kms of class ii+ rapids passing many stalactite and stalagmite formations. camp by late afternoon and hike to nearby village.
we pass pancheshwar where the kali meets the saryu, and is now called the sarda. we camp below the confluence for a relaxed afternoon.
the river begins to get pacy as we negotiate a series of class iii rapids. the day is marked by thick jungles and less-inhabited sections. camp overnight.
rest day to explore the surroundings, hike and relax.
today, we raft 20kms to camp below the class iv chooka rapid.
we begin to enter the terai jungles today with great white water and the chance of spotting a wild elephant. we reach boom for the drive to kathgodam.
overnight ranikhet express to delhi.
- Soft drinks, bottled water and other beverage
- Personal expense of any kind
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- All travel from Delhi and back to Delhi by road/ rail as applicable (by air and non ac car / jeep / coach),
- All arrangements forstaying and camping while on the trip,
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / rest houses / hotels,
- All meals while on river, professional guide fee,
- All rafting, kayaking and safety equipment, camp staff, cook etc.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
If cancellation takes place more than 45 days prior to departure, your full deposit will be returned except a processing charge of Rs. 5000 or US$ 120; (60 days for Brahmaputra trip).
If cancellation takes place between 45 and 30 days prior to departure, 50% of the tour price will be forfeited (between 60 and 30 days for Brahmaputra trip);
If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to departure, 100% of the tour price will be forfeited.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.